Skip to content

Malachi Linton

https://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/transfer--super-mal-finalises-wycombe-move-2571251.html

Whatever has happened to Malachi Linton since he signed for us. Surely in our current predicament he would be worth playing him up front .

Comments

• Is this post serious?

• The genius of the Linton Travel Tavern is that it is equidistant between London and Norwich.

• This post is clearly a wind up

• No wind up, just a serious comment with regards to our current league position. We need a striker and he is already at the club.
    Why not give him a run in the first team.
    He could make a good partner for Wheeler and Fred up front. Clearly Kashket and Samuel are too lightweight , and Bayo / Uche are not fit enough at the moment.

• “No wind up...”
    “Clearly Kashket... too lightweight...”

Yea that convinced me.

• We've scored twice (god, I hated writing that) this season.
    Goal 1. Kashket takes on Białkowski (6' 4") and scores.
    Goal 2. Kashket takes on Krul (6' 4") and scores

Kashket, too lightweight..... my ar$e

• Linton is very much one for the future. He might make the matchday squad later in the season, but he's here to develop - not all the 'B team' players are going to be instant hits like Mehmeti. Besides, if he was the answer then Gareth wouldn't openly have said he wants to sign a striker.

• edited October 2020

I agree that Kashket and Samuel are too lightweight as a pair, but Kashket alongside someone who can head it was a superb combo a few years ago.

Yes that was league 2, but Kashket has a real gift for finishing that could exist at any level.
    It's actually quite interesting he's starting so many games this year . My memory might be fading but he didn't start many back to back last year, and certainly not central.

• We need a centre forward. The centre forward we have signed is injury prone, and therefore we cannot rely on his fitness through this season, which is going to be the most challenging in the club's history.
    We signed Malachi at the same time as Anis Mehmeti.
    Let's give him a chance before it is too late.
    Kashket may have scored two goals but we need more firepower.

• edited October 2020

@Malone said:
    I agree that Kashket and Samuel are too lightweight as a pair, but Kashket alongside someone who can head it was a superb combo a few years ago.

Yes that was league 2, but Kashket has a real gift for finishing that could exist at any level.
    It's actually quite interesting he's starting so many games this year . My memory might be fading but he didn't start many back to back last year, and certainly not central.

The Wheeler-Kashket front two yesterday was unexpected but worked great. Would go the same again against Watford, definitely want two up top as they play three at the back.

• edited October 2020

I agree Malone. I'd always hoped to see, well still do actually, a pairing of Bayo and Kashket, ala Mooney and Easter.. One can but dream.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Malone said:

The Wheeler-Kashket front two yesterday was unexpected but worked great. Would go the same again against Watford, definitely want two up top as they play three at the back.

We also need to put two men on Sarr. Probably the best player in the Championship, but Watford don't have anyone else to unduly worry us.

• edited October 2020

Interested to see where they play Sarr - he was a second striker on Saturday but could absolutely burn JJ. Can't see him being used as a wing-back, though, so we might not have to deal with that particular problem. But they've got quality throughout.

• Couple of very nice touches by Uche in his limited spell, lots to come from him, the bit where he held it up out wide, beat his man then layed it off was class and would have been talked about for a long time in different circumstances.

• Those defenders who are all very brave when battering Samuel all game will have to think twice when it's Uche they're facing.

• Mustn’t underestimate the potential of young players who’ve not quite made it at League clubs and/or have spent time at non-League clubs. A young central defender with the wonderful name of Maximilian William Kilman was voted Man of the Match a few days ago (by Sky and BBC) in only his second start for Wolves, alongside his incomparable Liverpudlian skipper who broke into good-humoured laughter when told about the vote.

Max himself is an interesting character in many ways. Chelsea born, he was with Fulham as a youth before moving to Welling for a season and then to Maidenhead United from 2015 to 2018. Whilst there he had a season on loan at Marlow before being signed by Wolves. He used to be a regular member of the England Futsal team and, as a result, has exceptional close control, especially for a central defender. Both his parents are half Russian/ half Ukrainian and Max speaks Russian as well as English. And@Malone,
    he is 6’4”.

When Wolves signed him a couple of years ago he was the first player to go directly from non-League to the Premier League since 2008 when Chris Smalling moved from my home town club (Maidstone United) to Fulham.

When I saw the name at the head of this thread, it prompted me to consider opening one for Maximilian William Kilman - a player who, until this week I’d not heard of but who, apart from having a superbly scanning chantable name, has local connections and shares a background (albeit at a higher level) with Scotty Kashket - futsal.

Looking forward to seeing him in action for Wolves very shortly.

If anyone is able to put a link on here with that wonderful moment on Monday Night Football when Conor Coady was told about the MOTM vote that would be much appreciated.

• @micra It can certainly happen - look no further than Jamie Vardy - and I'm sure Linton will break through eventually, but we're not in a desperate, 'Anything's worth a shot' situation.

• That’s the one. Thanks @chairboyscentral .Pretty tedious viewing unfortunately. I watched for about a quarter of an hour and woke up during half time (in the dark). Tummy says “where’s that evening meal” Better get me apron on.

• @lordmelchester said:
    No wind up, just a serious comment with regards to our current league position. We need a striker and he is already at the club.
    Why not give him a run in the first team.
    He could make a good partner for Wheeler and Fred up front. Clearly Kashket and Samuel are too lightweight , and Bayo / Uche are not fit enough at the moment.

I tend to agree with you on all of this except on "Kashket and Samuel being to lightweight". Kashket has 2 goals in 3 games for us and looks to be a real asset. Samuel is not prolific enough though. But that doesn't mean they are too lightweight. I do think Linton could be given a run for his money given Uche and Bayo are not quite fully fit yet. Obviously like Mehmeti, he wouldn't play every week but I do wonder if it's a chance worth taking. Also, what about Georigu? He's a striker too it seems.

• We do have an established striker (albeit not exactly prolific) in Josh Parker. Or is he injured as well?

• I would hope some of those players are in a position to be loaned out in January, gain valuable experience and hopefully make an impact, then be ready for us next season.

• edited October 2020

If we are resorting to using a player picked up from Lowestoft without any fan fare then we might as well just sell off the highest earners in January and go all out on the plan of cashing in on a year in the championship.

Yes there are examples of non league players rising up, but they tend to make a noise at each level they play at. I'd heard of vardy way before he entered the league as he tore up trees at Halifax and fleetwood.

• He's been brought in to develop, give him time.

• @Username said:
    If we are resorting to using a player picked up from Lowestoft without any fan fare then we might as well just sell off the highest earners in January and go all out on the plan of cashing in on a year in the championship.

Yes there are examples of non league players rising up, but they tend to make a noise at each level they play at. I'd heard of vardy way before he entered the league as he tore up trees at Halifax and fleetwood.

The first I heard of Vardy was when the bugger scored 2 against us and knocked us out of the FA Cup.

• Vardy who?

• @Username Vardy stood out in that cup game against us when Fleetwood were non league. Interesting you reference general non league apprearances for him rather than the one against us?

I guess I'm just not as good at knowing football. Didn't the guy from Lowestoft play for clubs higher up the pyramid for a fair bit? I'm not writing him off before seeing him play but you know football. Maybe I should

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    @Username Vardy stood out in that cup game against us when Fleetwood were non league. Interesting you reference general non league apprearances for him rather than the one against us?

I guess I'm just not as good at knowing football. Didn't the guy from Lowestoft play for clubs higher up the pyramid for a fair bit? I'm not writing him off before seeing him play but you know football. Maybe I should

He'd scored bag fulls the year before that and Fleetwood paid a fee for him, he wasn't an unknown player when he scored against us.

There's a huge difference between writing him off as being a good signing long term and not thinking he's not likely to fire us to safety in the championship.

• That last paragraph is a real mind bender!

• Not sure why you don't not think that's not an unclear way of not wording something not well personally @micra