Skip to content

World Exclusive

2»

Comments

• Micra is a toyboy!

Didn't see that one coming.

• @mooneyman said:
    @micra If your wife spent 60 years BEFORE moving to Wycombe in 1974 that means you good lady is 106 by my calculations!

What's your point? ?

• @Malone said:

@mooneyman said:
    @micra If your wife spent 60 years BEFORE moving to Wycombe in 1974 that means you good lady is 106 by my calculations!

What's your point? ?

@micra prefers experienced ladies?

• Really badly worded but made me smile.
    60 years ago she travelled alone to Manchester via Liverpool, aged17, and moved south to the Peace Memorial Hospital in Watford in 1962. I was living in Harrow at the time with three other reprobates and was persuaded one evening to drive my BMW over to Watford to meet a group of nurses they’d met at a dance earlier in the week plus “a blind one”. The autistic streak (or more likely plain naïvety) must have kicked in because my imagination began working overtime as I tried to comprehend how said nurse could possibly carry out nursing duties.

We duly met after the others had pointed the blind nurse towards a red BMW Isetta. I think she was a bit taken aback to discover that her blind date had nothing more impressive than a three wheeled two seater bubble car, was wearing a suit which was shiny not from the mohair content of the material but from several years wear and tear and also had a gap between two of his front teeth - not the middle two either.

My mates, slightly upmarket in their mini, were already ensconced in the Cricketers in Sarratt. I think the evening went fairly well. At least the blind nurse was able to see beyond the superficial shortcomings.

• Isettas go for £15-£20k now Micra!

• Can we have an @Micra's Memories thread please?

• Knew I should have kept it @perfidious_albion. Mrs M’s mother reckoned it would blow over if a lorry passed at speed in the opposite direction!
    I traded it in in ‘66 for a white Mini which my boss at the time (after I’d bought it) told me was a potential death trap because of a faulty steering rack. We were due to set off on a grand tour of South Wales, Devon & Cornwall a few days later and that wonderful guy - what a boss - worked on the car over the following weekend and all was well with the world.
    And with the World Cup as well.