Skip to content

Horgan gets international call-up

Comments

• Good cross but nobody on the end of it (or does that mean it was a poor cross?!)

• Wales could use a left back with deadly delivery...

• Cranked up the now tv sky sports to see him.

Nice run in the 87th min, bit unlucky

• @Malone said:

@Baldric said:
    Styche still in Gibraltar team. Made substitute appearance today against Liechtenstein.

He was a strange signing. Loaned from a non league club, and didn't look remotely like scoring.
    I remember a lot of remonstrating at refs and linesmen though.

Err, he hit the bar with a worldie on his debut, if that had gone in it could have been a different story, strikers being a confidence position and all that.

• @perfidious_albion said:

@Malone said:

@Baldric said:
    Styche still in Gibraltar team. Made substitute appearance today against Liechtenstein.

He was a strange signing. Loaned from a non league club, and didn't look remotely like scoring.

Err, he hit the bar with a worldie on his debut, if that had gone in it could have been a different story, strikers being a confidence position and all that.

It's either a worldie or a shot off target.

• @Malone said:.

It's either a worldie or a shot off target.

.....ok for the pedants out there (!)
    err, he did ‘look remotely like scoring’ when he hit the bar from distance on his debut.
    Happy now?

• Neil Davis had many a near miss in his time here, if you remember him.
    Doesn't count for a great deal.

But Ok, I will amend to "once hit the bar with quite a nice shot".

• edited October 2020

If a goal is not quite a worldie, can it be a continentalie?

• @Shev said:
    If a goal is not quite a worldie, can it be a continentalie?

I would be happy with an AdamsParkie and as soon as possible!

• “We’re gonna score in a minute”. Not heard that for a wee while.

• @micra said:
    “We’re gonna score in a minute”. Not heard that for a wee while.

It's been replaced by "we're gonna score before Christmas".

• “We’re gonna score in the New Year” scans better but is clearly unrealistic.

• "We're gonna score in the Championship".

• My grandson asked if we were sponsored by Richard Osman. Bloody cheek. Funny though.

• ROI away to Finland this evening, 5pm kick-off

• Horgan starting v Finland.

• Will it be on TV ? (he asked lazily, stretched out on the settee and out of reach of the remote control).

• Sky sports

• I'm not used to being interested in international football.

• Belated thanks @Kim_il_Swan. I watched the game for 20 minutes or so and Horgan did some good defensive covering early on and also put over a good cross from the right following a close control dribble but no one was on the end of it. Hope he’s managed to stay fit and kept clear of the Covid. I was worried a couple of weeks ago when he appeared to have sustained an ankle injury but it seems that it was nothing serious. In fact, he must now be one of the most match fit in the Wycombe squad.

Watched the England game in Helsinki for a short while. It was magical (nostalgic even!) to see and hear a crowd again - 8,000. Less said the better about the match I imagine.

• @drcongo said:
    I'm not used to being interested in international football.

It's amazing how far it has fallen. A former pinnacle, now a mere inconvenience.

• @Shev said:

@drcongo said:
    I'm not used to being interested in international football.

It's amazing how far it has fallen. A former pinnacle, now a mere inconvenience.

The tournaments are still good. But the rest I can barely watch these days.

It has a ludicrous effect on the schedule. Take us this season. We now have three weeks of midweek and sat games and then soon after have a two week break again!

• It’s criminal. We’ll just start to get match fit again (and lose a few more to injury/illness/susp) when it’s feet up again.

As Tommy Handley would have said, “It’s being so cheerful as keeps me going.”

• @micra I thought that was Joan Harben, as "Mona Lott".

• Spot on @Cyclops. Mona Lott, Tommy Handley’s charlady (cleaner). She also had one or two other catchphrase including “can I do you now, Sir”.

• Sorry to correct you again @micra but, at the risk of boring the sh1te out of everyone else, that was Dorothy Summers playing the part of Mrs Mopp.

• And there’s me thinking it was Donna. I dunno.

• Incidentally, if I can stifle a yawn, what was Mona Lott’s occupation? And how come someone as young as you knows (cares even) about these arcane matters?

Poor Daryl. He’ll be looking to see what’s being said about him and all he’ll see is a load of irrelevant tosh!

• @micra said:
    Incidentally, if I can stifle a yawn, what was Mona Lott’s occupation? And how come someone as young as you knows (cares even) about these arcane matters?

Poor Daryl. He’ll be looking to see what’s being said about him and all he’ll see is a load of irrelevant tosh!

I am sorry to go on... however I think Mona Lott was the lady who did the laundry. You are right in as much as I am too young (albeit still fairly old) to have listened to ITMA first time around, but I always admired the approach of Colonel Chinstrap and tried to model myself on him.

• Gotcha @Cyclops. I’m actually going to bed today instead of tomorrow so goodnight fellow night owls .