Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Away kit/ change kit

I know I may be touching on a subject that has been aired before but we wore yellow at Luton yesterday. Following the kit change for Brentford this means that we have not worn blue for any of our 3 competitive away games this season. Obviously we had to change for Blackburn but the other two? If the problem is the dark shorts then, why do we not have light blue or white shorts to wear in these circumstances.? Our colours are very symbolic and I fear we are going down the “away strip” route by the back door.

«1

Comments

  • Hear hear. This has upset me much more than the result yesterday,

    It wouldn’t change the performance but our traditions should not be diminished.

    👍 👎 ( -2 )
  • Be interested in the Trusts view

  • @leeronhagg said:
    Hear hear. This has upset me much more than the result yesterday,

    It wouldn’t change the performance but our traditions should not be diminished.

    You are more upset at the shirts we wore than losing the game? I find some people’s priorities very strange.

    👍 👎 ( 0 )
  • @glasshalffull said:

    @leeronhagg said:
    Hear hear. This has upset me much more than the result yesterday,

    It wouldn’t change the performance but our traditions should not be diminished.

    You are more upset at the shirts we wore than losing the game? I find some people’s priorities very strange.

    Not every battle needs to be fought.

    Not every argument needs to be won

    Sometimes silence is more powerful than words.

  • If silence is more powerful than words, that’s me out of a job!

    👍 👎 ( 0 )
  • Not sure where this is going Naturally how we do on the pitch is important but there are some fundamentals that are also important. It’s about our club identity.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • I am the biggest advocate of tradition. I love the quarters and voted against the change when Alan Smith introduced that hideous new kit when he was manager.
    I also voted against the change of name from Adams Park many years ago.
    Wearing the quarters at home is absolutely sacrosanct.
    However, I don’t regard the colour of our shirts in an away game being more important than the result, especially as I heard (unconfirmed) that the referee might have had a say in this.

    👍 👎 ( 0 )
  • Although I like them, I’m not even massively fussed about the quarters. Probably because we didn’t wear them when I started supporting.

  • Actually, we had plain blue shirts when I started watching Wycombe in the 70’s, but I much prefer the quarters as they are unique among pro clubs and have historical significance.

    👍 👎 ( 3 )
  • The argument that's been set up between always wearing our first choice kit where possible vs the result of a match is a false one. It's not one or the other

  • I love the quarters but if the ref tells you to change strip Because of a potential clash, then you have to change strip. I seem to recall us wearing the quarters with white shorts on one occasion away in recent years...can anyone confirm that?

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @Forest_Blue said:
    I love the quarters but if the ref tells you to change strip Because of a potential clash, then you have to change strip. I seem to recall us wearing the quarters with white shorts on one occasion away in recent years...can anyone confirm that?

    Yes - funnily enough I came across a video of all Bayo’s goals in 16/17 (or something like that!) and I noticed that too, didn’t realise until then. Sorry can’t remember who the opposition was, but think it was EFL trophy or something

  • Was Millwall

  • Bristol Rovers have worn quarters for most of their existence

  • They are blue and white quarters.

  • @peterparrotface said:
    Bristol Rovers have worn quarters for most of their existence

    Weren't they halves, (lengthways), for a while?

  • @EwanHoosaami said:

    @peterparrotface said:
    Bristol Rovers have worn quarters for most of their existence

    Weren't they halves, (lengthways), for a while?

    Not to my knowledge, maybe a few years in plain royal blue tops

  • Never Royal Blue @peterparrotface. More like this 👕.

    👍 👎 ( -2 )
  • @micra you've lost me there

  • Maybe my pale blue shirt emoji didn’t come up on your device @peterparrotface ?

    👍 👎 ( -2 )
  • Royal blue is very different. Just google it.

    👍 👎 ( -2 )
  • @micra It came up red and white hoops on mine like Doncaster!

    I was talking about Bristol Rovers wearing all blue shirts, more royal than pale. Probably 60s or 70s.

  • @micra said:
    Royal blue is very different. Just google it.

    Different to what sorry?

  • To pale blue. Sky blue. Coventry shade.
    Extraordinary about the emoji. Can’t explain that.
    We’ve been at cross purposes anyway. I thought you were referring to Wycombe shirts. Doooh !!
    Off to ASDA now. It ‘as to be ASDA.

    👍 👎 ( -2 )
  • Before our change from quarters to plain light blue shirts around the mid 1960s we seemed to wear white shorts as the norm. Since reverting to the quarters in 1990 we have worn either light blue All dark blue shorts.Dark blue shorts seem to be the colour of favour at the moment although we did have light blue shorts as a change for a couple of seasons post Tottenham Hotspur fa cup game. If the clash of shorts is the issue then surely this can be remedied by having light blue shorts available as a change as the club don’t seem to have this my suspicions raised that they intend to wear the second and third choice kids when there is no colour clash other than shorts which I believe goes against our charter and is previously stated ruins our iconic image

  • White shorts and quarters looks magnificent. It's a shame we seem unable (or unwilling) to have light blue or white shorts in case of a 'shorts clash.' Even yellow shorts with the quarters would be preferable.

    👍 👎 ( 0 )
  • I always think white shorts with the quarters looks like we forgot our PE kit and are being forced to play in whatever someone could scrape together.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • The game I always associate with the quarters/white shorts combo is Altrincham away in the 1991 Trophy semi - unforgettable.

    👍 👎 ( 2 )
  • @NewburyWanderer said:
    The game I always associate with the quarters/white shorts combo is Altrincham away in the 1991 Trophy semi - unforgettable.

    Thanks for the reminder of an all time great Wanderers day out on what is a rather miserable Monday.

  • When we resurrected the quarters at the Loakes Park testimonial game it was with white shorts.

    I still think it’s a good combination

Sign In or Register to comment.