Skip to content

Match day thread: Luton

Comments

• I’m wearing my mask to smother expletives.

• All opinions.... for the record I hope Freeman has a blinder and scores a hat trick ! If he does I'm claiming the credit

• @HolmerBlue said:
    All opinions.... for the record I hope Freeman has a blinder and scores a hat trick ! If he does I'm claiming the credit

If he realises his potential and consistently performs, I don't think anyone in our fanbase would be anything outside of delighted!

• Can’t believe they’ve got the sprinklers on!

• We are wearing yellow instead of light blue shorts...not amused.

• Did Horgan go off injured in the warm up?

• White shorts or light blue shorts can’t be hard to source...

• Imagine if Thompson was playing as the furthest forward mid as per that ifollow screenshot!

• How do I get Phil Catchpole commentary please?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Did Horgan go off injured in the warm up?

He's starting, so hopefully fine!

• ‘Normally a premier league ref‘ Great.

• Wearing yellow at Luton. The game is gone.

• Don't jinx it Phil!!!

"Look more solid"

It's 4mins in!!

• That was handball.

• Grealish wannabe Cornick playing well for them

• Need to dig out that Club Charter saying we will wear our blue quarters whenever possible. A clear contradiction.

• Our dark shorts clash with their dark shorts. That’s the story at least.

• Not a bad half, though Luton looking ominous at the end. The main worry is how little we look like scoring.

• Much better 45 minutes from the boys - best we have played do far

• Did superbly to hold it goalless for that last couple of mins.

Feels a bit like Rotherham on the first day, except they've had the strong couple of chances, and we've barely had one.

• Adeniran continues to impress. We look a lot more balanced with two defensive midfielders in the side.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    so many injuries....training methods must be wrong and worrying

What are you belching on about?

• Positives:
    Adeniran and Curtis in midfield have made us a lot more solid.
    JJ much improved against a very talented and tricky right back.

On the other hand, we’re not winning second balls, we can’t string together more than 3 passes and we don’t look a danger up top, despite a number of mistakes from them at the back. I’d bite your hand off for 0-0 at this moment.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    How do I get Phil Catchpole commentary please?

Click the cog and select away from the commentary options.

• Adeniran has been great, but we look like we've forgotten how to try and score.

• Adeniran and Thomo look a lot more solid in the middle. As the half went on we got more and more penned back. And we really don’t look like scoring. Freeman needs to do more to win the scrappy knock downs and our deliveries have been poor when we’ve had the chance to cross or put a set piece in the box.

• We don't look even remotely like scoring today.

Best "chance" was probably when Freeman failed to release Horgan who would have had a 30yard run into goal.

Otherwise, we're hoping one of the pumps to Wheeler lets someone in.

Still, first things first, keeping it solid at the back and midfield, which we're certainly doing a lot better than previously.

• Great Spinal Tap reference from @bluntphil there.

• Anyone know if we can swap from the Luton commentary on I follow?