Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fans update

I know everyone at the club is working flat out to get us ready for the kickoff, but I feel out of the loop, it would be good to get an update on what is going on, plans, action, things happening.

«1

Comments

  • There’s no way they’re going to give a running commentary on plans, action and “things happening”. They will be working virtually round the clock preparing for the imminent start of the season. We have a League Cup game at Brentford’s brand new stadium in just over a fortnight and negotiations with players and their agents must be a major preoccupation. That’s quite apart from all the other pressing day to day activities. Patience on our part is the name of the game.

    Rest assured that, as players are signed (lots of them!) we will be notified very quickly!

    👍 👎 ( 0 )
  • I forgot to mention the Friendly against West Ham at Adams Park next Tuesday.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • Don’t you read the official website? In the past few days we’ve had news of new shirt sponsors, first pre season friendly, new kit launch, new player etc.

    👍 👎 ( 4 )
  • @glasshalffull said:
    Don’t you read the official website? In the past few days we’ve had news of new shirt sponsors, first pre season friendly, new kit launch, new player etc.

    That's all very well, but will we be able to purchase crisps at the ground? And what flavours?

    👍 👎 ( -5 )
  • Terrific banter

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • First game the weekend of 5th Sep
    No fans allowed in at all until October.

    So most likely the first 4-7 games (depending on what midweekers they pack in early doors, and any cup progress) minimum will be behind closed doors.

    Anyone's guess as to what amount will be allowed in for October, but the "smart" money seems to be between 25-30% max, and no away fans.

    Only small saving grace is that this happened now, rather than 3-4 years ago when you wouldn't have the ability to watch every game on ifollow.

  • I believe there’s a worldwide exclusive on the new crisps deal in the offing.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @eric_plant said:
    Terrific banter

    Thanks eric

    👍 👎 ( -4 )
  • @glasshalffull said:
    I believe there’s a worldwide exclusive on the new crisps deal in the offing.

    Crisps to be rebranded Chips in global deal. Chips to be rebranded Frys as a result. Fry’s Chocolate Cream added to kiosk offering to enhance match day experience. More to follow. You‘ll heard it here first.

  • @Wendoverman said:

    @glasshalffull said:
    Don’t you read the official website? In the past few days we’ve had news of new shirt sponsors, first pre season friendly, new kit launch, new player etc.

    That's all very well, but will we be able to purchase crisps at the ground? And what flavours?

    So you don't intend to wear a mask then, or have you invented some contraption to intravenously consume them?

  • We’ll be like the smokers and sneak out at half time to gorge.

    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • @Lloyd2084 said:
    We’ll be like the smokers and sneak out at half time to gorge.

    And watch those tightwads who sneak in at half time borrowing their smoker mate's ticket to get in for free. (The smoker receiving some tombola raffle ticket)

  • @Malone said:
    First game the weekend of 5th Sep
    No fans allowed in at all until October.

    So most likely the first 4-7 games (depending on what midweekers they pack in early doors, and any cup progress) minimum will be behind closed doors.

    Anyone's guess as to what amount will be allowed in for October, but the "smart" money seems to be between 25-30% max, and no away fans.

    Only small saving grace is that this happened now, rather than 3-4 years ago when you wouldn't have the ability to watch every game on ifollow.

    Im hoping it will be behind closed doors weekends of the 12, 19 & 26 of Sept with the League Cup rounds during the midweek. And then back Sat Oct 3 with some spectators. So maybe up to 7 games but hopefully just 3 in the league.

  • @Glenactico said:

    @Malone said:
    First game the weekend of 5th Sep
    No fans allowed in at all until October.

    So most likely the first 4-7 games (depending on what midweekers they pack in early doors, and any cup progress) minimum will be behind closed doors.

    Anyone's guess as to what amount will be allowed in for October, but the "smart" money seems to be between 25-30% max, and no away fans.

    Only small saving grace is that this happened now, rather than 3-4 years ago when you wouldn't have the ability to watch every game on ifollow.

    Im hoping it will be behind closed doors weekends of the 12, 19 & 26 of Sept with the League Cup rounds during the midweek. And then back Sat Oct 3 with some spectators. So maybe up to 7 games but hopefully just 3 in the league.

    Let's hope so! And hopefully 2 are away so minimise missed home games.

    I'm sure all of us STH would soak up one missed game and pick up ifollow as compensation - but if it did drag on, £22 per game is quite a lot of difference versus a £10 ifollow pass.

  • If there are really restricted entries, would we be able to officially transfer our ST to a friend or even to someone else?

    I think I’m one of the first 1000 purchasers so pretty much guaranteed entry once we do reopen to fans.

    The trouble is I generally only plan to come to around half the games and never midweeks so will now feel guilty every time I choose not to come down.

    I have a (long-suffering) friend who will be able to reduce my guilt for some of these but if he can’t make it there ought to be a way that someone else can use my seat

  • @bookertease said:
    If there are really restricted entries, would we be able to officially transfer our ST to a friend or even to someone else?

    I think I’m one of the first 1000 purchasers so pretty much guaranteed entry once we do reopen to fans.

    The trouble is I generally only plan to come to around half the games and never midweeks so will now feel guilty every time I choose not to come down.

    I have a (long-suffering) friend who will be able to reduce my guilt for some of these but if he can’t make it there ought to be a way that someone else can use my seat

    The more people ask this the less likely it is to be allowed. For years if you quietly pass on your ticket and a detail or two on the off chance anyone asks you'd be fine but by the letter of the law it's untransferrable for a number of reasons.

  • Presumably football clubs in general will be tighter than ever on this in order to support our “world-beating” track and trace system? I’m being facetious of course, but my underlying point is serious.

  • While were talking season tickets... I have a question, this is the first season Ive had a "barcode" ticket that was emailed to me after I'd paid, always had the traditional ones before. My question is, is that it ? Or should I get anything else ? Just wondering if I have to guard that email with my life ! Hoping that the missus or kids never accidentally delete it.

  • @HolmerBlue said:
    While were talking season tickets... I have a question, this is the first season Ive had a "barcode" ticket that was emailed to me after I'd paid, always had the traditional ones before. My question is, is that it ? Or should I get anything else ? Just wondering if I have to guard that email with my life ! Hoping that the missus or kids never accidentally delete it.

    Apparently you can request a proper one nearer the time
    I'll be doing that to be honest - as I don't fancy having to rely on some crumpled up bit of paper, or my phone always having enough charge!

  • Get the barcode tattooed on your wrist....

  • Cheers chaps, good to know, think I'll pass in the tattoo idea though !

  • Could @micra get his tattoo bar code on his manhood and kill 2 birds with one stone? 😁

  • He wouldn't be able to reach up to the scanner @EwanHoosaami!

  • @mooneyman I'm not wearing a full body suit, so the masks I've been using are lowerable for ingesting of foodstuff and beverages. I assume we'll all be two seats apart so any infection can be contained. I'm also going to ask for a 'proper' ticket @HolmerBlue as my phone is app-less and email-less. Sorry for introducing a jokey crisp element to what was a serious thread.

  • I can imagine you having a mouthful of crisps at the instant Bayo rises majestically to nod home a JJ free kick and all those poor bastards sitting 6 rows down getting showered with infected crumbs as you salute the goal @Wendoverman!

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @mooneyman I'm in the Beechdean where a bit of light murmuring and a small smattering of applause is deemed sufficient goal celebration. No super spreaders there!

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Get the barcode tattooed on your wrist....

    Or on the back of your #ChairboysNewKit perhaps

  • Maybe that's it, augmented reality in the shirt so that is in effect your ST. Now there's a thought.

  • That would be a super publicity piece for us, season ticket and unique home shirt package with qr code!)

  • @mooneyman said:
    I can imagine you having a mouthful of crisps at the instant Bayo rises majestically to nod home a JJ free kick and all those poor bastards sitting 6 rows down getting showered with infected crumbs as you salute the goal @Wendoverman!

    If Bayo ever rose majestically to do anything all bets would be off...

Sign In or Register to comment.