Skip to content

Alex Lynch

Quote from the Argyle forum.

SteveC

"Their keeper was the best player on the park second half "

2 Good stops and kicked well throughout really impressed how he grew in confidence

Comments

• I'll second that. Understandably a touch nervous at the start, but should be really proud of himself. Looked utterly in control in the second half.

• Super left handed save when Aryll were on top.

• He did us proud!

• Think Ingram will have to fight for his place back now...! ;¬) If Lynch had Ingram's physical presence, it would make him more commanding in the box, other than that, a hero's performance last night - proper chuffed for the lad.

• I personally thought he looked like a different player from the moment he walked out. Communication was sorted and the 'How did I get here?' look was gone. I said 'He gets it now!' to my son as soon as I saw that.

• They were targeting him early on with the shirt pulling incident but AP played the body guard role well. Excellent second half from AL and what a great one handed save....top boy.

• After that performance last night , do you think the club will look to loan him out to a good Conference club for next season or keep him on the bench?

• I would loan him out, with a recall clause, if an when Ingram is injured, but early days yet as I can't imagine no persuading bids coming in for Ingram, between now and Autumn.

• I'd like to see him loaned out on a few short term deals to Conference Premier clubs, but playing the league cup and JPT games if possible.

• I'd say he came of age in the 2nd half.
    The save in the 74th minute at 2-1 down to his left from Ansah was outstanding.

• I thought we kept the ball and protected him from being bombarded, but when required he pulled off some great stops. Great night all round.

• That save from ansah was top class. At his near post but it was absolutely fired at him. A lot of keepers would have been beaten I reckon by the pace of the shot but lynch got such a strong Palm to it. He also managed to push a tricky long ranger out to touch when many many a keeper in the same conditions would have pushed it on to the oncoming plymouth attacker for a follow up tap in. Great performance, great story.

• Was very concerned when announced Ingram was still out, however, I thought he played very well overall and his confidence seemed to grow throughout the game. I suppose the other question we should be asking is he ready to take the number 1 spot should Ingram be tempted away pre-season, which, l imagine is quite likely.

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32762016

After Thursday night, Alex Lynch will be top of the list.

• Kenny was heroic on Thursday, fair play to him

• Yes he was excellent. Well done Alex!

• The pressure must have been on Alex in the second half with the hordes of Argyle supporters howling behind him. That makes his performance even more impressive -well done indeed

• One thing that shone out was that absolute unity of the whole team on Thursday. EVERY kick that Lynch made was acknowledged by one of the back four fist pumping in his direction. Every tackle was acknowledged by a team mate. Contrast that with the Plymouth team who started moaning at each other so early on. That is the difference this year, this team plays like a band of brothers and it is infectious.

• Real togetherness. .Everyone is fighting for each other..no one upsetting the apple cart..really good to see..all down to Gaz in his recruitment and man management.

• Hear hear and hear hear again.

• I did see Pierra rightly berating Mcflurry for not tracking back in the last 10 minutes.
    Mcflurry must have been exhausted after toiling up front for about 5 minutes before that.

• @ChasHarps. Not sure if it was for not tracking back. I felt it was for the pathetic fancy flick that lost possession and put us under the cosh in the first place?

• Fair play to the lad, proved a lot of people wrong! Not sure how the ref didn't see that foul on him in the first half, he nearly had his shirt ripped off his back!