Skip to content

New interview with Ainsworth & Dobson

13»

Comments

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@LX1 said:
    A late night squabble between @glasshalffull and @eric_plant is one of the best things about the gasroom imho

They've actually been married for 30 years, hence the ongoing mutual resentment and sniping.

That explains the sniping constantly at Mr P, but what about the sniping at so many others? Bigamist?

• Mistresses?

• As Gasroom thread bizarre turns go...this is up there with the best of them.

• Really great interview, as everyone has said. Another interesting bit I picked up was that McCarthy was a temporary general when back on loan...a little bit of extra love showing him how much more appreciated he'd be if he came back??

• Macca was certainly no passenger and he knew he was wanted here by fans, players and staff. I've no doubt he would love to come back.

• Interesting to hear mention that Ben Frempah -who I know was thought of quite highly - had been training with the players on a non-contract basis and sent a message of encouragement prior to the final.
    I wonder if he is somebody we might see back at the club in the future?

• Well he played in the Berks and Bucks cup game, but seeing as that competition has been cancelled next year not sure when he'll find any game time! Presumably he must be on some sort of financial agreement with the club to make it worth his while, even if it's just a per diem payment. You'd have though he has the ability to at least play in the National League, and if he still trains full time with the squad then presumably doesn't have the time to fit in a 'normal' full time job as well

• A Classic south bucks union