2»

Comments

• @Username said:

@Malone said:
    One version with crowd noise
    One version without
    One watch along

Was there really a 4th version?

I think it might have been on their free to air channel too?

Yep.... sky one

• I think Sky's football coverage is generally very good. But they are completely focussed on the casual fan (not dedicated lower league followers). This is where the money is and until football stops trying to maximise profit above all else it will not change.

• Oh dear. I was hoping my potential City Ground dilemma would have been solved by a play-off win. May have to sneak in in disguise. Fingers crossed we can beat Nathan Jones and his Championship winning side home and away at least.

• I found this snippet quite interesting from the BBC website:

"Remarkably, none of the teams in the bottom five on 2 July ended up being relegated. Luton, Barnsley, Stoke, Huddersfield and Middlesbrough all managed to pull clear when in trouble with six games remaining."

If the season had played out normally, I think it unlikely (on the basis I would be surprised if that has happened before) that the above would have happened, with the enforced break probably giving these sides time to regroup.

I think this further devalues the Peterborough chairman's view that 'well we had the momentum, so we were bound to have gone up if we'd have carried on.'

• Is it possible for his views to have any less value?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Oh dear. I was hoping my potential City Ground dilemma would have been solved by a play-off win. May have to sneak in in disguise. Fingers crossed we can beat Nathan Jones and his Championship winning side home and away at least.

I work (in London) for a Notts based company, some brutal discussions this morning, they aren't taking it well at all.

• Not surprised @StrongestTeam they've got the best team they've had for a long time...looked very strong, organised and purposeful with some really skillful players and a decent keeper...but every time I've watched them, they looked a bit like a fabled Arsenal side, likely to fold at some stage in a game. And they usually did. A lot of late goals. They will probably lose the likes of Lolley, Samba, Sow, Cash and Worrell and even the manager looking at the criteria for the hook recently.

• Of all the madness in the Championship last night, Forest's result was the maddest.

• Is it just me or does anyone else find Stelling's presentational style deeply irritating?

I had to turn the sound off after a while the other night except when GA was doing his bit

• Can't agree with you there.

I think he's absolutely brilliant at that format

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Is it just me or does anyone else find Stelling's presentational style deeply irritating?

I had to turn the sound off after a while the other night except when GA was doing his bit

Bit too over the top for me.

• I tend to quite like him. But then I remember he does gambling adverts and I file him under "people who are happy to profit from the misery of others"

• He wasn’t a particularly engaging “chairman” of Countdown. Not compared with the dryly outrageous Nick Hewer.

• FmGFmG
    edited July 2020

I think he's only on SkyBet ads (along with the others who do the Sky show with him), so maybe not fully in his defence but I imagine it is part of his TV contract. Slightly better than having a separate deal with a betting company perhaps

• I've filed all of them in the same box too.

• Does profiting from a bet on us to beat Oxford put those who did into the box for "people who are happy to profit from the misery of others?"

• I'm going to buy some celebratory 'Championship' drinks for some Wycombe pals tonight with my betting profit from the misery of others!

• Betfred paid for my season ticket. I hope I haven't made Mr Done too miserable!

• @mooneyman said:
    Betfred paid for my season ticket. I hope I haven't made Mr Done too miserable!

For a while I'd misread his name as Drdrongo, but Mr Done is a headscratcher.

• Anyone who fancies watching the National League and Nat North and South play-offs, you can get an all-games streaming pass for £14.99 at https://events.sportradar.com/en-int/page/vanarama-league-play-off-passes

Pretty decent value for anyone, like me, who's missing their non-league fix.

• @Malone said:

@mooneyman said:

Mr Done owns betfred. He's the old timer on the advert that says bet within your means!

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

@mooneyman said:

Mr Done owns betfred. He's the old timer on the advert that says bet within your means!

ah fair enough. And no relation to Romeo Done from So Squalid Crew

• It was on Sky One as well> @drcongo said:

I tend to quite like him. But then I remember he does gambling adverts and I file him under "people who are happy to profit from the misery of others"

Been to a pub or supermarket recently?