Skip to content

The view from New Orleans

2»

Comments

• Noticed that a couple of BFP 'journalists' were allowed in Adams Park for the behind closed door play off game. Seems farcical really when a number of fans can and do produce far better journalistic content!

• @Croider said:
    Noticed that a couple of BFP 'journalists' were allowed in Adams Park for the behind closed door play off game. Seems farcical really when a number of fans can and do produce far better journalistic content!

Don't get richiemu all fired up about who got in again!

• As little as 20 years ago, my parents ran a news agents in a village close to High Wycombe. On a Friday almost every other house would have a copy of the BFP delivered, with many also taking the Midweek too.
    Now I doubt many people have a paper delivered never mind the BFP.
    As for me, I haven't read the BFP since they stopped putting WWFC on the back page in favour of Wasps.

• As I’m sure you recall @Twizz I used to stand with your dad in the cattle shed at Loakes Park but I didn’t know that he and your mum ran a newsagents. Was that something they took on after your dad retired? Remarkable how you could spend years with fellow fans (or at least I could !) without ever really discussing much beyond football. Nowadays, increasingly so at Adams Park thanks partly thanks to the Couhig effect, we get together socially before and sometimes after games and get to know each other much better. Happy days!

• I've sent you a PM @micra.

• Cheers @Twizz. I’ll have a look later.

• @micra and I did share that last season at Loakes Park, watching from the cow shed. What happened to the toddler crawling on the terrace during those last few months? 30 years on and you'll see him offering some words of advice to the officials at the end of this clip.

WARNING, CONTAINSSTRONG LANGUAGE WHICH SOME MAY FIND 45e22e

• Who was that BFP reporter (maybe the sports editor) who seemed to have a grudge against the club and ran a number of negative stories during the 2010s, prompting @DJWYC14 to take him to task at one point?

Alan Feldman? Definitely something Feldman anyway. Seem to remember there were unsubstantiated rumours he was a Franchise supporter.

• Can’t have been worse than Dave Peters can he?

• I think it was Fieldman or fieldberg ?
    Steve Cohort was as bad !!

• I had several run ins with the BFP about their negative coverage during that period, but there’s hope in store for a better relationship in the near future.

• Yes, Feldburg. (I watched Young Frankenstein recently, so that might explain Feldman)

I got chatting to some Exeter fans once who said they knew Dave Peters and claimed he was an Exeter fan and hated Wycombe. Could have been a fib, but they knew his name.

Nicholas Tunney seems pretty good now (if he’s still there?)

• Nick left early this season. The sports guy is actually the community reporter for Marlow, and they've got an intern as well. That's it, I believe.

• Wasps really were a pox on our club.

At least we earn loads of money from them used to be the cry. Until it turned out we didn't.
    Until it turned out we most likely lost loads of floating fans to them, unwilling or unable to afford two sports.

I bet some fans still reckon we missed out on a great opportunity to pay rent to be tenants in a stadium that we'd have never come close to filling on the route we were on.

The light that shines on us today must be appreciated.
    No wasps. We're the main team. Championship.
    Marvelous.