Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gareth’s Plans thrown into disarray

Championship clubs will meet next week to discuss a wage cap of just £18m. Over 25 players, that means an average salary of just £750,000 (£15,000 per week.)
How on earth will Gareth cope with such draconian constraints?

Comments

  • That amused me as well. A salary cap of £18m would be approx 18 times more than he’s ever had as manager of Wycombe!

  • Wycombe, Coventry & Rotherham will presumably not get a vote - as they will be voting on the League 1 cap. Totally unfair that our Premiership aspirations might be snookered by those clubs not playing in the Championship in 20/21.

  • How can you enforce a salary cap of £18m if a team relegated from the Premier has an existing wage bill of say £50m? They also get a £40m parachute payment.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • Any club who don't fancy meeting any rules just need to head over to Stockport and chat to the right people..

  • Does that mean we won't be signing Van Dyck , De Gea ,Ronaldo and Messi after all ?
    Oh well well have to settle for Jason Mac, Luke, Randall W and Matty Ingram

  • @Malone said:
    Any club who don't fancy meeting any rules just need to head over to Stockport and chat to the right people..

    They might want to include Bury in that list of clubs to chat to?

  • @EwanHoosaami said:

    @Malone said:
    Any club who don't fancy meeting any rules just need to head over to Stockport and chat to the right people..

    They might want to include Bury in that list of clubs to chat to?

    Stockport...as in Man City, where most of their fans are from, in case that was too subtle!

  • @Malone said:

    @EwanHoosaami said:

    @Malone said:
    Any club who don't fancy meeting any rules just need to head over to Stockport and chat to the right people..

    They might want to include Bury in that list of clubs to chat to?

    Stockport...as in Man City, where most of their fans are from, in case that was too subtle!

    Apologies the subtlety was a stretch too far for me. More importantly though, the chat surely needs to be with the Man City lawyers for pulling that one off. I understand that Prince Andrew is on a zoom catch up with them as I type?

Sign In or Register to comment.