Skip to content

Do we have to make the terrace all-seater?

Apologies for starting a new thread but I have tried to find an answer to this on the web without success. Do we have to make the home terrace all-seater within three years of our promotion to the Championship (did you hear that at the back? Our promotion to the Championship)?

Two things I did find

• the Sports Grounds Safety Authority's website is truly awful and its search function is a joke
  • Brentford were allowed to keep their terracing, but this seems to have been mainly because of their proposed move to Lionel Road.

Comments

• Yes (unless we were to announce plans to move)

Not sure if we still have two years to do it when we reach the Premier though

• I would really hope that if we do have to go down this route some common sense is applied in order to allow us to implement a safe standing solution.

• 3 years to get it done

• Surely a mirroring of the away end at AP.

• I would be massively disappointed if the club raced to do this early in that 3 years. And even if they then had to, they ought to be proposing some of those funky standing/sitting solutions they trialled in the corner of the Family Stand.

• Surely we wouldn't do it unless we were still there after three seasons.

• That’s the question, isn’t it? I don’t think the obligation falls away if you’re relegated.

• Actually I’m wrong. Paul Lewis (COTN) has just tweeted the answer

https://mobile.twitter.com/GasmanCOTN/status/1283397221829021696

• edited July 2020

I'm pretty sure it does. Burton and Yeovil still have more terracing than us. I may be wrong, but I've interpreted it as consecutive seasons.
  • @OakwoodExile said:
    That’s the question, isn’t it? I don’t think the obligation falls away if you’re relegated.

It does fall away, the regulation is Championship specific.

• Is it like being US President?

Once you been in the Championship you are forever refered to as 'a Championship side'

Seems to work with alot of fans when a team has been 'non league'.

P.S. Is that section of seating/standing seats still in the corner of the Family Stand?

• But surely they are still looking at safe standing. By the time we get to the Prem it will all be okay. As long as Gareth doesn't do it a couple of seasons early.

• Let's keep enjoying the moment for a bit longer eh chaps, without these sort of worries.

We'll be moaning at a Friday night away game v Middlesborough to kick off the sky season next.

• Spurs have safe standing don't they?

• Would Oxford gave had to make both ends all seater had they gone up?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Would Oxford gave had to make both ends all seater had they gone up?

Yeah, they'd have needed to ask the 3 guys in the pallet van to sit down.