Skip to content

Comments

• Remarkably realistic and balanced views from Joel Harrison. I only raised an eyebrow at one point - his use of the future, rather than future conditional, tense regarding Oxford and the Championship!

He mentions only two players who would be “up for a bit of a physical challenge” and one of those (John Mousinhole) seems unlikely to start.

I look forward to a cross between the two semi-final games with Wycombe winning narrowly, not inconceivably on penalties.

• edited July 2020

@micra said:
    Remarkably realistic and balanced views from Joel Harrison. I only raised an eyebrow at one point - his use of the future, rather than future conditional, tense regarding Oxford and the Championship!

He mentions only two players who would be “up for a bit of a physical challenge” and one of those (John Mousinhole) seems unlikely to start.

I look forward to a cross between the two semi-final games with Wycombe winning narrowly, not inconceivably on penalties.

Haha, I picked up on that as well. Also the suggestion that we might be overplaying the underdog card - I'm not sure we're playing it at all anymore!

• @chairboyscentral said:

@micra said:
    Remarkably realistic and balanced views from Joel Harrison. I only raised an eyebrow at one point - his use of the future, rather than future conditional, tense regarding Oxford and the Championship!

Haha, I picked up on that as well. Also the suggestion that we might be overpaying the underdog card - I'm not sure we're playing it at all anymore!

The suggestion that one side "shout louder" about being underdogs, and that over playing the underdog card sets the side up for a fall rather than a surprise win definitely seemed like a bit of a nibble to me.