Skip to content

Gasroom condescension

From the Yellows Forum:
"I actually would like some Wycombe fans coming on here . Be good to see their views."

"Just go on the gasroom forum and you will see they are as condescending about us as we are about them. They like us hope and pray for sucess but unlike us dont dread defeat. They are proud of that small club mentality and think we believe we are bigger than we really are. The reality is neither set of supporters understands the other or indeed wants to. They desperately want a rival but want to remain quaint. How can your main rival be Colchester when you are in Buckinghamshire? Even Colchester dont realise it. They don't understand that true rivalry needs both sides to be passionate about it. Yes they dislike us and they think that is enough but dont realise that doesn't even come close. We just don't see them as credible rival and that is what really gets them going, hence the PNL tag."

Something in me likes it that they dread defeat. With our togetherness, skill and work ethic I think we have every chance of making it to the Championship.

COYB!

Comments

• Let's see if they view us as "credible" after Monday...

• ‘Even Colchester don’t realize it.’ This guys an expert is he?

• @Malone said:
    Let's see if they view us as "credible" after Monday...

It will be interesting to see if we're still not their rivals, if Wycombe shit-house their way to a win with a few red cards.

• Didn't St. Martin once declare that the atmosphere at Wycombe-Col U games was akin to Old Firm matches?

For a set of fans who don't consider us rivals, Oxford don't arf expend a lot of time and effort trying to convince themselves.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@Malone said:
    Let's see if they view us as "credible" after Monday...

It will be interesting to see if we're still not their rivals, if Wycombe shit-house their way to a win with a few red cards.

Nothing would please me more than Bayo getting Mousinho sent off, JJ scoring the free kick to win 1-0 after Plymouth away levels of shithouse time wasting for the last 15 minutes.

• "They desperately want a rival but want to remain quaint"

This why Wycombe's real rivals will always be Henley Town. Rivals in quaintness.

• I thought we desperately wanted to laugh at and ridicule a few rivals...that's what I have been doing for a long time.

• I want us to remain quaint, I think. Not really fussed about rivals. Events will take care of that.

• Nothing would please me more than Bayo getting Mousinho sent off, JJ scoring the free kick to win 1-0 after Plymouth away levels of shithouse time wasting for the last 15 minutes.

I would happily take a 93rd minute single goal with the ref punching it in from a JJ corner a la Kes as long as we win!!!

• Rivalry is overrated.

• If it's a quaintness battle between us and Henley, there will be only one winner, I fear.

• @HCblue said:
    If it's a quaintness battle between us and Henley, there will be only one winner, I fear.

They can bring their dinner (in a whittled wicker hamper no doubt) - Wycombe will mob up outside the Traditional Sweet Shop in West Wycombe

• That Sweet Shop is no more !!

• We've got a chair museum, we fear no-one

• Oxford are slightly more irritating than most clubs but we don't really want to be their rival, do we?

• Was working in swindon yesterday bumped into a swindon fan was talking fondly of the White horse, Adams park and Keith Scott funnily Tommy Mooney wasn’t mentioned ... Wanted us to whip the PNL arses and bring them down a peg or two.