Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood (First Leg)

Comments

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Sky will be slightly behind

Thanks. We’ll give it a go and see if it works out

• And even better one @Shev!

• Nice one @shev. I thought i'd be ok with a 230 kick off, but time is really starting to drag...

• Lets give it our all, were here for a reason. COYB!

• Fleetwood have got a bloody big squad...not exactly a small underfunded club are they?

• Passing is ok I guess..........points on the board is what counts.

• Watching the Pompey PNL game and unlike the PL and (maybe?) the championship there is no piped in crowd noise. Reminds me of when I used to go down AP to watch mid week reserve games in the mid 90's. Love hearing the players swear!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It's quite funny seeing the Sunderland fans get so wound up over Luke O'Nien tweeting us good luck.

To be fair, it's only a couple of supporters...

• Didn't realise Psycho was the Pompey coach...

• 'Stockdale will definitely start' Club house currently being trashed. Did I just see Aiden McGeady turning up for Charlton? Scoffing burgers and causing outrage in Sunderland doesn't seem to have worked out too badly for him.

• Decent team that. Bayo on after 60 mins to seal it.

• Also great to see Grimmer on the team sheet again.

• madden only on bench for Fleetwood.

Only one defender on our bench. No Sido or Mascoll. Injured or gone?

• @DevC said:
    madden only on bench for Fleetwood.

Only one defender on our bench. No Sido or Mascoll. Injured or gone?

Certainly doesn't look good for either if fit.

CMS another not making the 20 though more expected.

Is that our whole lot? 23. Young lad whose name I've forgotten who was loaned out the 24th

• Thompson is the most surprising omission for me.

• From the team, not the squad.

• Worrying that Phillips is our only defensive cover.

• Solid back four and a lot of running about from Wheeler, Samuel, Fred and Bloomers for 60 minutes...with Smyth, Scotty K, Bayo, Thompson and Freeman in reserve? I can live with that.

• Interesting side, wouldn’t expect Curtis to be on the bench but rock solid back line there, with some exciting players to come off the bench.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a completely different line up on Monday.

God, I’m nervous

• edited July 2020

Looks like a 3-4-3 for Fleetwood. Slightly more confident with McKay out wide - his regular position, but he ran rings around us from a more central role last time - and the strong right side of Grimmer and Wheeler. If he comes inside then he'll have Ofoborh to get through. He's one of several danger men for them, though.

• Not many surprises in that team, with Kashket, Smyth, Bayo and Thompson to call upon I'm feeling confident. Madden on the bench is also a plus.

• Tough on Sido if he’s fit, I can’t imagine Darius is going to make it through both games.

• @floyd said:
    Tough on Sido if he’s fit, I can’t imagine Darius is going to make it through both games.

Maybe he's being wrapped up in cotton wool to start on Monday.

But i'd say we'll make this one of the few exceptions for Darius. He has played weekend to midweek before at least once this season I'm sure.
    @chairboyscentral I'm sure will know on that one.

• Kick off delayed due to the length of The PNL game.

• Loud and clear on ESPN+ already for those in the states.

• @Malone Most recent double-header he did was Donny at home and Ipswich away.

• It always looked a bit tight with these drinks breaks and inevitable stoppage time increase!

Why not just have it at the more regular 7.45 anyway.