Skip to content

blue army! every man, woman, child!

Lets show the world what we are, the greatest supporters in the world!

Every single person was immense on saturday and now we have 6 or 7 times as many! Sing with all your hearts! X

Comments

• For all but about 15 minutes, our 800 made far more noise than your 13,000. You only have to listen to the TV coverage.

• Go away you childish idiot. Plymouth a big city in Div 2. Wycombe a small town in Div 2. So guess who are the under achievers. Do you need help to answer that? We will stuff you tonight!

• They would

• I think League 2 suits you best.

• edited May 2015

I think there are a lot of members of this forum who would certainly prefer you were playing in a French league! "lol"

• edited May 2015

I can't take a town very seriously when the chanting of it's football supporters all sound like 'Scudder' from the film 'Maurice' by E. M. Forster. (Google/You Tube it and you will see what { mean).

• Fairly obviously we'd be gutted. We'd take it better than Bristol Rovers fans though.

• You probably don't want a serious answer but I think the truth is that most Wycombe fans already think the team has overchieved this year and are proud of them whatever happens tonight. Yes, it would be great if the adventure continues and of course we'd love a trip to Wembley and to get promoted; but given where we were this time last year this is all slightly unreal anyway. But mostly we want to win tonight so you get back in your Devon box.

• @arnhemphil and his many guises is back! The bore troll numpty, still worried about the numbers when we clearly not are not. If you only new half the story of what's happened here in the last few years you would be amazed we are not back to where it all started in the Spartan league. As well as a supporter base ripped apart by Wasps invasion and near take over and a chairmen that nearly destroyed the club. So the 6,000+ we get tonight of home fans will be a great turn out believe me.

• Lol indeed

• Your team played brilliantly and you definitely deserved to beat us both games, fans not as much

• We were great om saturday and ok today

• Saturday you were alright seeing as though you only 800 fans, although the only time we heard you is when you were 3-0 up... And then the last 10 we heard nothing from you.

Couldn't go today but watching on sky I didn't hear a peep from the Wycombe fans, the green army outsing you for the whole game despite being behind the whole time... Although I did hear 'que sara sara' at the final whistle from Wycombe.

• Fat lot of good all that "singing" did for you matey, hey ho.. Over all a great advert for league 2..

• Yeah your team played brilliantly both games and outplayed us. You definitely deserved to win, good luck in the final. Hopefully we get rid of John Sheridan and do a Bristol City next season and dominate this league, getting pissed off with away days to Accrington and Morecombe now :/

• Wembley, Wembley, we're the famous Wycombe Wanderers and .......

• Direct quote from the Plymouth forum…

"Inside their fans out sung us again and pinched the "anthem" deflating the Argyle support even further."

Great work every single person there last night - que sera sera...

• @Argyle, your deluded, what game where you watching bud. Sky Sports 1 channel would be the same for you as was us all, you can clearly hear the Chairboys fans singing throughout the game ("Throughout not thrown out" I might add in case we have a language barrier?).

To many of us have it recorded for posterity reasons, so you best head off to your local GP, as you got hearing issues.

• Loved it last night when we owned their song.

• @ Wycombe Lad: "Lets show the world what we are, the greatest supporters in the world!

Every single person was immense on saturday and now we have 6 or 7 times as many! Sing with all your hearts! X"

I have loved the singing all season. Portsmouth away was wonderful. Oxford away was fantastic. Burton away was really creditable throughout. The first leg at Plymouth just made me very proud to be a Wycombe fan, for the performance on the pitch and for enthusiasm and energy of our wonderful supporters.
    It seems to me that the home atmosphere has gradually got closer to that of the Wycombe end at the away games. Mileposts for me in that journey were Luton at home when I expected us to be outsung and we outsung them, Morecambe at home - the singing was brilliant despite the result and just now the second leg against Plymouth had atmosphere and atmosphere to spare.
    Now Wembley beckons just up the road and I believe that we will outsing, out-noise and out-enthuse the other club, whether our numbers are comparable or a bit smaller than theirs.
    Looking forward to it. See you all there.

Hopefully this conveys what I want to say - I don't think I got the quote function to work properly.

• Said this before but worth saying again. 80% of home crowds make barely any noise. I would say we are better than average in that respect. Saturday was very special.

Looking around our lovely stadium, I was reminded of Steve Hayes' comments that it was past its sell by date which in turn reminded me what an utter prick the man was. Then I thought about all the people who turn out to maintain it voluntarily and decided that as I live too far away to help in that way, I'd better join the share scheme.

This season's achievements are so much sweeter for having occurred on the watch of decent people who are trying their best to keep things afloat. I'm chuffed to bits for them.