Skip to content

League One Season Ticket Comparisons

2»

Comments

• Genuine question for the guys considering not going over moving to the family stand, what are the reasons for this?

View?
    Screaming kids?
    Rain?

If there are a significant number in that situation, I'm sure Rob would be willing to listen and at least think of solutions for the future even if not this season with the Covid issue ( maybe a second "family section" away to the side in the Frank Adams with prices in between the two sections?)

• All 3 of those for me, plus my daughters like being up high for some reason. I also prefer to be in the empty blocks so we’re not irritating people, and they find the away fans funny.

• I spent several happy years in the Family Stand, and still regard them as the best seats available. When i sit 'upstairs,' now it's like watching a game on TV.

• edited June 2020

I sat in the family stand from the year it was built up until about 5 years ago. The view was good and in all those years I got rained on probably three times. I have on a couple of occasions gone back, when my children were very young and would stop me (and others) watching the game properly.

For me it’s the view and the people I now sit with and around. I moved when most of those I sat with in the FS had stopped coming for one reason or another. The ‘atmosphere’ isn’t much to speak of but I’d say that about all parts of the ground these days (I stand for most cup games). I’m also probably a bit too ‘vocal’ to sit in the FS.

I’m comfortable with the decision to charge, they are after all ‘premium’ seats, I just hope they don’t completely stop a large number of fans attending with their own kids.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@wwfcblue said:

The club should not be giving away free tickets. But to go from £0 to £475 is designed to force myself and my two boys out of the stand and in to other seats, preferably the Family Stand. They've succeeded but only to stop me renewing all three tickets and my player sponsorship.
    Out of interest, what would you have thought was reasonable for a price to pay for your two lads? Not wanting to pick a fight BTW, just thought it would be could be a useful gauge for the club to rethink that strategy. Like most, I doubt many of those seats will get sold apart from premium match days, so it might be better to have some monies, for example £200 & a proportion of F&B, than 2/3 x £30 and next to zero of anything else?

I think £494 for an adult in the FA is a little on the high side compared to other similar season tickets for other southern League One clubs. Our two closest clubs Oxford and MK are £440 and £372 for similar seats. I would be happy to pay £450.

If I went to Oxford and MK for similar kids tickets the pair would cost me £180 and £84 respectively. MK are cheap because they have huge amounts of space and need to get young fans in as they have no history. For the kids I would be happy to pay £200 for the pair.

Thus £650 for three tickets in the FA Upper Block N or Q. Currently it’s £989. Even at £650 I’m higher than Oxford and £200 higher than MK.

• Yeh but you’d have to watch Oxford or MK.

• If we have around 2,400 season ticket holders i wonder how many of these were freebie kids?

If it's any sort of number say 300-400 then we don't have much of a ST hardcore do we! And all in a very successful period.

• Things to change:
    1. Only allow parent & child purchases in family stand and make it cheap compared to Frank Adams.
    2. £5 a game for U11 in Frank Adams or £150 for season ticket.
    3. £10 a game for U16 in Frank Adams or £200 for season ticket.
    4. Some kind of discount for buying multiple season tickets, particularly if they are one adult plus child/children.
    5. £20 a ticket for adult in Frank Adams or season ticket in Frank Adams £400.
    6. £15 for under 25 or over 65 in Frank Adams and £300 for season ticket.

I don’t think that’s unreasonable and would have us middle of the road in League 1.

• Oops typo in #2, should be £7 a game and £140 for season ticket.

• My season ticket renewal suddenly seems much cheaper! Even at a 270% increase!