Skip to content

Oxford players tested positive for corona virus

Two Oxford players have tested positive for corona virus.

Comments

• Two all with Portsmouth then.

• A little concerning on a wider issue really. Presumably these are players who have known that they were likely to start training soon and therefore taken sensible precautions to avoid contact with people who may be infected, which has obviously not worked

• @bookertease said:
    A little concerning on a wider issue really. Presumably these are players who have known that they were likely to start training soon and therefore taken sensible precautions to avoid contact with people who may be infected, which has obviously not worked

Concerning for them and if people think that many of the precautions out there do more than cut risk. You still have many people who have no idea they may be carrying it and it's far from over no matter how keen people are to get back closer to normal life.

• it was 2 staff not players

• Not true. It was 2 fringe players, one of whom we love to hate

• @emu80 said:
    it was 2 staff not players

If you don't mind me asking why are you posting now having bern inactive for years? Had a problem whilst posting under another name?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@emu80 said:
    it was 2 staff not players

If you don't mind me asking why are you posting now having bern inactive for years? Had a problem whilst posting under another name?

His profile says he joined June 13?
    Clearly just to have a quick storm around posting nonsense.

• Two questions: Is this just so Oxford can get their excuses for losing in early?
    Does the emu look like richie?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Two questions: Is this just so Oxford can get their excuses for losing in early?
    Does the emu look like richie?

Don't think Richie laid eggs and I doubt he had three toes!

• I think Emu needs to wind his neck in

• @eric_plant said:
    I think Emu needs to wind his neck in

If he knows things, we need to be told them.

• @eric_plant said:
    I think Emu needs to wind his neck in

I wouldn’t worry. He might try to create a flap but he’ll never get off the ground.

• I think @emu80 has made their point and gone away again.

• Looks like he's made a rod for his own back here

• edited June 2020

@LX1 said:
    Looks like he's made a rod for his own back here

I was going down the TV aerial route but thought it too soon

RIP Rod

• That wouldn't have been met with a good reception

• @LX1 said:
    Looks like he's made a rod for his own back here

Rumoured he's now posting on the Hull forum.

• He's clearly being staying up all night - grot bags under his eyes...

• 4 positive’s today - wonder if any at Wycombe

• @emu80 said:
    4 positive’s today - wonder if any at Wycombe

Can't be richie as while he still had a hole in his bum he would be telling us rather than asking us.

• @emu80 said:
    4 positive’s today - wonder if any at Wycombe

Lots of pictures and video from training yesterday online. Any players missing?

• 4 positives from 2 clubs and pompey already declared it's none of their players or staff. Nothing from oxford or Fleetwood yet.

Didn't see Thompson or Wheeler on any of the photos posted yesterday?

• @Croider said:
    4 positives from 2 clubs and pompey already declared it's none of their players or staff. Nothing from oxford or Fleetwood yet.

Didn't see Thompson or Wheeler on any of the photos posted yesterday?

There is a picture of Thompson

• If it does end up being a Wycombe player, I hope it wasnt the one that was spotted in Lidl last week flouting the rules !

• There was a picture of Thompson but it looks like it has been removed. I was wondering the same thing yesterday regarding him but one of the last photos in the gallery had him sitting on the floor against one of those green hoardings that used to be in front of the away end.

Interesting to note that two of the coaching team joined in training yesterday which even when you account for Bayo not participating, is strange given that we still have enough for 11 v 11.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    If it does end up being a Wycombe player, I hope it wasnt the one that was spotted in Lidl last week flouting the rules !

Even worse if it's one of those that attended the BLM protests!!! ?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    If it does end up being a Wycombe player, I hope it wasnt the one that was spotted in Lidl last week flouting the rules !

Let's really hope not, as that'll just trigger loads of debate about it.

• Josh parker did a speech down the rye on Sunday came across as very intelligent man...

He's got a degree in biochemistry

• @Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@HolmerBlue said:

Let's really hope not, as that'll just trigger loads of debate about it.

Not to mention uncalled for abuse.

• @bigred87 said:
    Josh parker did a speech down the rye on Sunday came across as very intelligent man...

He's got a degree in biochemistry

Sounds a more positive report about him than some of the conspiracy stuff people read on his social media a few months back.