Skip to content

Early play-off prices

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/promotion

I suspect Wycombe will go off shorter. Not often you get to back a play-off team at 5/1.

Comments

• I genuinely believe we have every chance

• I rarely bet but I’m on this at 5/1.

• Wow...we’ve gone from 5/1 outsider in a four horse race to favorites. Even after the win last night we were being quoted as third favorites...could the move be due to the weight of money coming in on Wycombe today?

• According to the odds we’ll be contesting the final, whoever wins the other semi will go off favourites.

• Good call...once the outcome of Oxford v Portsmouth is known on Monday, that team will go favorite.

• @Forest_Blue said:
    Wow...we’ve gone from 5/1 outsider in a four horse race to favorites. Even after the win last night we were being quoted as third favorites...could the move be due to the weight of money coming in on Wycombe today?

incorrect

• Wycombe are now favourites because, speaking with my employment hat on, rightly or wrongly us bookies consider Wycombe as good as through to the final and therefore ‘only’ have to win one more match to win promotion,, whereas Oxford and Portsmouth still have to win two to get promotion. There won’t have been an avalanche of money on us.

Whoever wins the other play off will become the favourite again. Our odds for outright promotion won’t change significantly now, although if you fancy us, the win the final in 90 minutes odds will be higher than the win promotion outright odds.

• correct