Skip to content

Statement from Rob Couhig

Comments

• Everyone see this psynichal crap from Posh's joint owner? No concerns for staff or clubs, just maybe a possibility of climbing over clubs in a bad way.

• Sometimes in life the louder you shout the less likelihood you’ll get what you want. This could be one of those occasions.

• edited June 2020

@StrongestTeam said:
    Everyone see this psynichal crap from Posh's joint owner? No concerns for staff or clubs, just maybe a possibility of climbing over clubs in a bad way.

Yeah, pathetic. I'm all for owners being on social media, but Posh's have really shown themselves up throughout this. Neale was going off on one on a Peterborough podcast the other week.

• We have temporarily furloughed some staff, not dissolved the entire business. Embarrassing stuff.

• That's a disgraceful point being made by the Peterborough owner there in reply to a statement that makes no mention of the EFL vote at all.

I never particularly minded Peterborough until this episode but everyone associated with the club has shown their true colours in recent weeks. A bunch of complete tw*ts.

• It's hardly surprising that Gaz would make the case to keep McCarthy if we could but for Rob Couhig to regretfully conclude that we couldn't afford to is it?

Doesn't mean they've fallen out

• edited June 2020

Darragh MouthAlmighty is at it again.

• It gets worse than that, here’s his latest outburst to his mate on the local paper:
    MacAnthony said: “I just got a call from our CEO (Bob Symns) who was in on EFL League One meeting today. Ignore all white noise/agendas/newspaper articles in my opinion. Football will be back & season will get finished or owners who refuse to fulfill fixtures will be getting their asses sued.”

• That's from back in April - and not the only time he's threatened to sue fellow clubs. He seems a little confused...

• My apologies, you’re right. Someone posted it on Facebook but left off the date.

• Who would be a football owner/chairman? They keep us in the dark until they don't and then we look at their statements and we wonder what they really mean. For my part I assumed that this lock down would have serious financial implications for the club and it seems from Rob's statement that it has. Strangely, sad though it is I was not surprised that Macca probably earns a lot and we could not afford to hang onto him at the moment. I did not read anything sinister into that at all. Very sad for the furloughed staff and send my best wishes.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Everyone see this psynichal crap from Posh's joint owner? No concerns for staff or clubs, just maybe a possibility of climbing over clubs in a bad way.

Genuinely wondered what psynichal meant for a moment before realising you meant cynical! Unintentional lol.

But Peterboro are not coming out of this well

• They really have got the arse-ache about us haven't they? Not very Posh at all.

• One oxford drone actually now reckons we played Bolton's kids twice.
    Bizarre.

• Jumping up from 8th to 3rd without asking permission, getting 3.79682 points from one dodgy away game against Coventry that we never even played because we deliberately put the game off as we knew all about the global pandemic in advance, and then having the cheek to furlough our own ground just so we can't play a play-off game. I see where they're coming from. We'll be wasting time from goal kicks next, just you wait.

• MacAnthony has been spoiling for a fight since we were allowed to play Bolton on the opening day.

Also does he think saying 'sue their asses' makes him sound hard?

• Classy comment, wasn’t it?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Who would be a football owner/chairman? They keep us in the dark until they don't and then we look at their statements and we wonder what they really mean. For my part I assumed that this lock down would have serious financial implications for the club and it seems from Rob's statement that it has. Strangely, sad though it is I was not surprised that Macca probably earns a lot and we could not afford to hang onto him at the moment. I did not read anything sinister into that at all. Very sad for the furloughed staff and send my best wishes.

Perfectly put @Wendoverman . Award yourself a bag of crisps!?

• I'm working from home @EwanHoosaami so I will need three weeks at fat camp before I could even make it to my seat anyhoo...

• Of course Vince would say that - I still don't think he's got over Tranmere beating them in the play-offs. He's right, though.

• I made the point a week ago that I think there was some logic to what Tranmere have proposed (even if it is complicated). The most important thing though is that it is designed to keep teams happy - e.g. fewer relegations, more teams allowed into the playoffs. I have no idea what criteria it needs to meet for the EFL to allow it go to a vote, but if it does go to a vote, I'd expect it to pass.

• In other words:

Come on lads, no one really likes Wycombe do they? How about we find a way to all get us out of this? Who gives a stuff what Wycombe think, what could they do?

• We ought to come up with a proposal that promotes us as champions. It’s no worse than what Tranmere are trying to pull.

• @floyd said:
    We ought to come up with a proposal that promotes us as champions. It’s no worse than what Tranmere are trying to pull.

We could run a check on how many weeks each team has spent in a league position and where you've been the most is your final position.

That'd sort both us being 1st and i expect take Oxford and Peterboro out of the top 6.

• @Malone I worked this out, at least for the top 6. I'll find it, I know we'd be 2nd.

• I think every team should pick an arm wrestler from the squad and settle final league positions that way.
    ('Same old Wycombe always cheating. Signing an enormous player they knew would win any sort of arm wrestling contest to settle the league and secure promotion during a world wide pandemic lock-down three years later.')

• Surely that way would promote Ipswich

• I’ve thought of something to throw back at those opposition fans moaning that we’re lucky to get a crack at the playoffs. In 1994-95, Wycombe finished 6th in the equivalent division to today’s League One but were denied a place in the playoffs due to the restructuring of the Football League that season. Perhaps it’s karma that fate could be on our side 25 years later.