Skip to content

Gaz live on Sky Sports Football Show

Comments

• edited May 2020

He's all but confirmed which way we'll be voting. Would like to play on from a football point of view but emphasises the financial and safety obstacles.

• Will watch Gareths part later, had to go so saved it, watched the first half, as much as I hated him as a player Gary Neville does talk a lot of sense. Also, dare I say it, but Joey Barton came across quite well I thought ? He obviously has a lot of time for, and gets on well with Gareth

• I think Barton talks intelligently, just doesn't act it. Neville and Carra have both turned into very good pundits.

• I think Gaz and Barton are good friends

• I can’t decide about Barton. He can certainly be a bellend sometimes, and the media hype about him being some kind of footballing philosopher merely because he retweeted some Plato was a bit embarrassing.

But he does seem to have a lot of time for Gareth, and WWFC, and sometimes comes across as a sensible guy.

• I have to say I found his (BArton's) book a very interesting read and he is a character. Bellend? Bizarrely Idiotic at times? oh yes...but no more so than Adams or Evans. I quite like him.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I have to say I found his (BArton's) book a very interesting read and he is a character. Bellend? Bizarrely Idiotic at times? oh yes...but no more so than Adams or Evans. I quite like him.

I'd describe Barton as an enigma. A mainly decent man who has a fatal flaw that makes lots forget the good bits. If he lost the flaw it might also lose the good bits.

• Oh and while we are talking footballer TV appearances, Robbie Savage's turn on the daily government briefing has to be on of the bizarre moments of the lockdown.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Oh and while we are talking footballer TV appearances, Robbie Savage's turn on the daily government briefing has to be on of the bizarre moments of the lockdown.

Indeed...I heard about it but did not see it. If we thought the world was bizarre under the virus it is clear the worst is probably still to come. I was hoping he opened up with Whhazzzzzupp! and Roy Keane kicked his telly screen in.