Skip to content

After Hogan's performance at Northampton

you might be shocked that he tweeted this earlier today..

Comments

• Very weird coming from a Midfielder. Is he?

• Interesting to see him retweeting that considering he hasn't really done either during his time here...

• He has been a waste of space.

• useless from what ive seen

• I'm guessing he had something at some point, but he has suffered from his various injuries. He wasn't quite Carlos Lopez at Northampton, but it was the worst performance I've seen from a Wycombe player this season.

• I bet Hogan wasn't a fan of Tom Hank's American block buster "Forrest Gump" either.

• He looked great at Oxford but since then id rather play paul mccloud!

• It seems that players that are benched for a bit start to strop and lack confidence. Fred, Hogan, Murphy? Others come off the bench fighting Craig, Holloway, Kretch.

• Fred looks disinterested now, same with ephraim.

• well to be honest, Murphy was unlucky to be dropped and you could see in his reaction when he came on the other night he wasn't interested, I would expect to see him go back up north in the summer, year left on his contract or not.
    Fred is either carrying an injury or is a complete idiot, because it looks like he isn't even trying.

• It's confidence with Fred not lack of effort. He's still a kid who if anything started off too well with us and there was really only one place he could go. He's trying as much as he can at present but has lost the self-belief that he had when he arrived.

• I suspect he thought, Blimey this is easy, then it started not being and he's too young to know how to handle that. He'll get there, but not with us.

• Sitting on a bench hardly helps a player's morale particularly if there is no reserve team to play in. I know there are reasons for that state of affairs but it must be frustrating and needs careful handling.

• Murphy was stuck up front the other night, so it was hardly his fault that the game passed him by. I think his problem is Scowen leaving. When he played with Josh he was allowed to bomb-on into the box, but he's failed to adapt his game to be more defensive.

• I think it's more to do with PCH leaving to be honest. When Paris was in the side teams had defend that bit deeper against us because of his pace. That left space in front of their back four for Murphy to exploit and he was absolutely brilliant at timing his runs late and not being picked up, Lampard-style.

With Paris gone teams can defend a few yards further forward against us and that space has disappeared.

• All solid points, Murphy ain't been the same since PCH and Scowen departed.

• Can't believe Fred would not be trying with a possible Wembley appearance beckoning.

• I haven't seen any problem with Fred's effort, he's just not playing as well as he was a few months back. that's down to confidence.

• edited May 2015

Did anyone notice freds closing down by the corner flag after hed been on for 5 minutes? Practically walking. He's lost any confidence to drive and attack forward aswell, constantly turning backwards or into trouble

• Fred is being closely marked, but does not seem to play wide anymore which was what was putting the wind up teams earlier. Or am I dreaming?

• What about Messi, he runs, tracks, scores and takes a battering, so it can't be that hard to play football with the expectation your going to have to run around bit.

• @Wendoverman I think Fred's best position is out wide, though Craig's role as a dogsbody pressing the opposition high up the pitch from wide positions has arguably been more important at the end of the season, keeping pressure off more knackered players carrying injuries in midfield and defence.

• I wouldn't like to slate him as such but compared to the players who had played 80-90 minutes, Fred's closing down on Saturday night was genuinely woeful.

He lost possession on all occasions he had the ball, not even managing to buy a few seconds of breathing time for the rest of the team by holding the ball up effectively. In fact he would have been better at least heading goal wards with his runs as he might have had a chance of drawing a foul as a minimum.

Perhaps the instructions he was given were different from what we think they were. But personally I expected him to exploit some of the space on the big Plymouth pitch, to draw defenders back a little, and to continue the relentless chasing down started by the original forwards.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    Wendoverman I think Fred's best position is out wide, though Craig's role as a dogsbody pressing the opposition high up the pitch from wide positions has arguably been more important at the end of the season, keeping pressure off more knackered players carrying injuries in midfield and defence.

You forgot to add the last ditch tackles, which were a plenty. Craig in midfield has been awesome, throw away the shackles of having to score, has does wonders. Bossing the middle of the park, effortlessly. I bet you Craig will score a few more from this position.

• Craig suddenly looks a player doesn't he? The last five games he's been exceptional and I never would have thought I'd be saying this if you'd asked me back in October. Working hard and reaping the rewards of that hard work by popping up with the odd goal. Fred on the other hand needs to rediscover his mojo. He's been getting outmuscled for weeks and seems to be scared of losing the ball, which of course he then does...