Skip to content

The You Choose Cup - Round of 16 Match 1: Sheffield Wednesday v Shrewsbury

It's the first of the right round of 16 knockout games. Full disclosure: I decided to partially seed the round of 16 draw, so that the top four group winners could not play each other, nor the bottom four play each other, just to ensure the QFs and SFs are a little stronger. However, I only needed to utilize this rule once, to avoid two bottom clubs playing each other.

So, is it the Owls, or the Shrews, for a place in the quarter-finals?

Poll not found

Comments

• For the man who used to fish balls for the river my vote goes to Shrewsbury

• That one game with Sheff Wed will probably see them win the whole thing. Or at least be a tight battle v Brentford.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
      For the man who used to fish balls for the river my vote goes to Shrewsbury

Mmmmm, fish balls.

• BGMK: coracle scenes. Nice one, RITM.

• I voted for an upset but looks unlikely...hopefully every drunken opinionated true Shrews fan avoids telling it like they thought it was to A Pierre if they see him in Tesco afterwards.

• I had an old college friend of mine from the mid-west come over back in the O’Neill days. We found ourselves travelling around the north of England visiting mutual old buddies at the same time the Chairboys were away at the Shrews. We camped out in a poor effort of a tent erection the night before and somewhat wearily carried on a to Shrewsbury in the morning.

My friend had never been to a football match before and I had to kind of explain the rules and the crowd etiquette. Firstly he wouldn’t believe me that the ground was called Gay Meadow and then was genuinely appalled by the Chairboys faithful shouting ‘Brownie’ at one of our black players. He had a very different experience that day to most of us that day!

• I can’t vote Wednesday. My best mate is 100% Blade and he’d never forgive me.

• Easy win for the Owls, as expected. They are the first club to make the quarter finals.