Skip to content

The You Choose Cup - Group M

On to group M. Do Nottingham Forest bring up sympathetic memories owing to that magical run under Clough (or because we like @Wendoverman and @Forest_Blue)? Do Wimbledon take it for their dogged march back through non-league after their club was stolen? How about Northampton, one of only two others clubs (together with Rochdale) to have remained in the 3rd and 4th tiers the whole time since Wycombe first entered the league? Finally, do 70s cup memories give the win to Middlesborough?

Poll not found

Comments

• Northampton pipped us to automatic promotion with millions nicked from their local council, AFC was a great story but their away end is horrible, Middlesbrough cup tie and Juninho and co bit too long ago for me and Forest have been a shambles for years but Clough, O'Neill etc and we can share laughing at County.

• Never liked Northampton although our first visit to their old pitch at the cricket ground was notable. Wimbledon is a horrible little club now for all sorts of reasons.

Forest were the first visitors to Adams Park but by a nose I'm going for Middlesbrough for the famous FA cup tie and the memories of seeing Gazza pulling the strings for them in the League Cup

• Northampton are a prime example of how NOT to run a club. Has cost their town's Council Tax Payers a fortune and they are still paying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-50951621

• Northampton is a prime example of how not to run a council as well. Have to feel sorry for the poor residents. It is also the only ground I can remember where it takes longer to get out of the car park than Adams Park.

Forest for me, for as well the plethora of decent pubs on the way to the ground, the fans of theirs I do know generally don’t have that self-importance that they belong at the top level and recognise the Clough era as a magical time they were lucky to witnesss

• No big decision for me here. As long as we dont get spurs in the final.

• I was at Adams park that day when Forest came to play to open the stadium and back a few years later to see Forest in a league cup game as well. Decent Forest sides on both occasions. Not a season ticket holder at that stage but now 15 years following the blues,

• A fine win by Forest puts them in the last 16.