Skip to content

The You Choose Cup - Group C

West Brom and Bristol City have made it 2 for 2 for the second tier. Who joins them in the knockout stages?

Poll not found

Comments

• Will Salford get a vote?

That night at Charlton will be in the top 10 Wycombe moments for anyone there surely.

• I hope not.

• Macclesfield used to be a great day out during our Conference days, you could get off at the station and zig zag your way from boozers on the way to Moss Rd.
      Mind you their bald striker John Timmons was always a handful.

• edited April 2020

I could never vote for Gillingham because of their dire ‘temporary’ stand.

Salford get enough people fawning over their plucky underdog multi million pound ascent through the leagues without my vote.

Macclesfield did give us that classic scrap:

I've always had a soft spot for Charlton. I don't really know why. I like the stadium, and they always punched above their weight when I was younger.

• I have a vague recollection of the Macclesfield players graciously raising a banner or suchlike at the Valley pre-match saying ‘Congratulations’ or something, then proceeding to cheat their way through the game, scoring perhaps the most blatant handball since Mexico 86.

Was old Royston Osbourne ref...?

• Gillingham are a tough sell what with the temporary stand and a fan that assaulted our goalie on live TV!

• Not to mention their unlikeable chairman Mr Scally.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
      I have a vague recollection of the Macclesfield players graciously raising a banner or suchlike at the Valley pre-match saying ‘Congratulations’ or something, then proceeding to cheat their way through the game, scoring perhaps the most blatant handball since Mexico 86.

Was old Royston Osbourne ref...?

Their players done the guard of honour as we already crowned champions.
      Certainly done the job in softening us up, as we were definitely 'on the beach's that day.
      If I remember correctly the Silkmans win, sent Farnboro down ?

• It's must be Charlton, and hopefully Gareth Ainsworth will stay with us as Jimmy Seed stayed with Charlton.

• I still haven’t gotten over Macclesfield away in April 1992.

• How can Charlton be ahead of Macclesfield??

• As I don't have the collective memory of most Gasroomers for the history of the club, I've gone for Macclesfield as they've had some hard times and I really don't like Lee Bowyer. All done scientifically as you can tell.

• Good to see Salford getting what they deserve.

• So the vote is not officially over, but seeing as it is after 11;30 in England, Charlton are clearly going to win, making it 3 out of 3 for the second tier.

Maybe we won't like the second tier teams as much after playing them all next season after we are promoted on PPG!

• Calling this one a little early. Charlton have the highest winning percentage so far, though that might also have something to do with Salford becoming the first club to fail to garner a single vote.