Skip to content

Chairboys Pub Quiz

Comments

• Some bloke called Dale Hurman I think

• Well, after a Wycombesque delayed kick off (internet issues) the #RINGINGTHEBLUES Lockdown Quiz 2 happened... If you missed it you can play along again here...

• The Ringing The Blues Lockdown Quiz returns this Saturday at 8pm!

• Will the half & half scarf return?
    • Have I watered Sido the cactus?
    • Will the internet work?

Find out the answer to all of these + another challenging 40 questions on the #Chairboys

• Thanks to all the #Chairboys fans who took part in the #RingingTheBlues Lockdown Quiz last night...

If you missed it then you can play along on catch up!

40 varied questions - a mixture of old, modern and ridiculous...

• Here we go:

• I missed it live, so I'm doing it now while "working". This is hard.

• @drcongo How did you get on in the end? It seems most found it pretty tricky.

• I'm going to have a go later. Will be just like driving from Bournemouth to Manchester

• I have to be honest Dale, I gave up 3 questions into round 2. I got 5 in round 1.

• Pretty tricky, more so as Phil seemed to rattle through the questions at a faster rate than the previous times. Got 57 so was quite pleased. The 17 pointer on the players who scored one goal for Wycombe was a corker. Was Paul Kerr right or wrong though?

• @NewburyWanderer You were right about Paul Kerr of course, so it should have been an 18-pointer. Don't know how I forgot it tbh, it was pretty memorable.

@drcongo sorry to hear that. It was meant to be challenging but not impossible.

@eric_plant Let us know how you get on?

• edited May 2020

The ones i know are easy. The ones i don't are clearly the product of a deviant mind.

• There were indeed some very tough questions in there!

Apologies if I was a little rapid in getting through them, I was on earlies at work on Monday and my siesta was cut short by waking up to watch Cummings address the nation.

Big thanks to @glasshalfempty for compiling the questions, I know how long it takes.

• @glasshalfempty by the time we got to middle names I was calling you every name under the sun

Didn't even get St Albans. Thought it was Ilford

• The ones i know are easy. The ones i don't are clearly the product of a deviant mind.

I think that's the problem I had with it, the ones I didn't know, I also had no way of making an educated guess or deducing an answer from reasoning. The questions were a bit you know it or you don't.

No offence to you Dale, I just have a spectacularly bad memory.

• To be fair to Dale, I found the London Senior Cup/Leek/Newport questions much more straight forward than anything from this season!

• Yeah me too. Anything that's happened since about 2002 I am hopeless with

Also, I knew Westy's four goal hauls were against Kettering and Sutton and awarded myself 75 bonus points. So I guess I won the whole thing

• @floyd You're not the first person to describe my mind as such.

@drcongo No offence taken and thanks for the feedback. I shall try and make it easier to have a guess at the answers at least.

@eric_plant Not the first time eh? I must admit I wouldn't have got more than 80 myself. The middle names question was from Phil, replacing one that even Phil thought was too much.

Finding the right balance of questions is definitely the trick here.

• Go on then, what was the question Phil took out?

• I mean, given he left one in to which three of the answers were Shahed Ahmed, Dean Keates and Adam Hinshelwood the mind boggles

• They were all after 2002, hence your struggles. This one is pre-Adams Park era.

Q: Gareth Ainsworth is one of five Wycombe Wanderers players who went on to subsequently coach / manage the club on a permanent basis. Can you name the other four?

• @bluntphil Where can I get one of those 'wild thing' t shirts?

• @glasshalfempty said:
    They were all after 2002, hence your struggles. This one is pre-Adams Park era.

Q: Gareth Ainsworth is one of five Wycombe Wanderers players who went on to subsequently coach / manage the club on a permanent basis. Can you name the other four?

Some of those must be pre-war never mind pre-Adams Park.

• @glasshalfempty - that's annoying, i can only think of three.

Maybe I'm thinking too much manager and not enough coach? Or maybe the other one pre-dates me? (clue-fishing..!)

• All 4 of them were after Sid Cann and before Martin O'Neill.

• I have no excuses then... Still only got the "obvious" three. Where are @ChasHarps / @NewburyWanderer when you need them?