Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can we best help the club through this?

Barnet today laid off all non-playing staff, and this is going to get bleak for so many clubs. @AlanCecil - if someone over there can set up a donation mechanism, I'll donate the ticket prices for each remaining home game as a starter. Enough others do the same and we might make it through the other side.

Other ideas and suggestions welcome.

Comments

  • Kind offer. let's wait and see what transpires. Club Board is meeting soon and Trust Board is due to meet next week. I don't yet know if the Chancellors loan scheme will apply to football clubs.

  • Availability bias won't help Dr congo

  • You are making yourself look rather foolish

  • Sorry wrong messageboard

  • Morning @LX1, you know we're supposed to be staying out of the pubs and clubs?

  • Anyone can still contribute through the 500 Club https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/fans/500-club/

  • @drcongo said:
    Morning @LX1, you know we're supposed to be staying out of the pubs and clubs?

    He's probably got a garage stuffed with crates of Special Brew!

  • Questions on how we can help the club can be put direct to Rob Couhig.
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/march/put-your-questions-to-rob-couhig/

  • Use this link to join up with Easyfundraising specifically to help Wycombe Wanderers via the Trust https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/wycombewandererstrust/

    Thanks to those who already raise funds in this way but we can do so much better with more subscribers - it costs you nothing extra when you shop online this way

  • The 500 Club, every donation to which increases the value of an asset now 75% owned by the Couhig family

    Not for me thanks

    👍 👎 ( -7 )
  • Just a thought but if the Couhigs are going to add funds to finance the current suspension in play would that mean the Trust would need to add 25% or does this type of funding come under the £1 million working capital figure?

    In terms of actual cash in the club have most of sales from the Oxford game and from last four tickets. I wonder what events of the pitch are planned and what might be cancelled.

  • @eric_plant said:
    The 500 Club, every donation to which increases the value of an asset now 75% owned by the Couhig family

    Not for me thanks

    The 500 Club money goes first to the Trust and will count towards its contribution as and when additional capital is required.

    👍 👎 ( 4 )
  • @AlanCecil said:

    @eric_plant said:
    The 500 Club, every donation to which increases the value of an asset now 75% owned by the Couhig family

    Not for me thanks

    The 500 Club money goes first to the Trust and will count towards its contribution as and when additional capital is required.

    Good information, thanks for sharing.

  • That's good, but it's feasible that a player bought with money from the 500 club fires us to promotion and is then sold for a healthy profit.

    Now's not the time for that discussion though, I understand that.

  • I would like to hear more from the Couhigs about how they're going to steer this club through the next few weeks and months. The short statement released a few days ago added nothing to existing knowledge. I appreciate Pete has probably now left the country to be with his family but a statement committing finances to keep the club afloat in the short and medium term would be helpful. There must be a lot of very concerned employees - both off and on the pitch - and it's right that they are communicated with first (I really hope they have been). But after that, it would be good if the fanbase could also hear the thoughts of our owners.

  • @aloysius said:
    I would like to hear more from the Couhigs about how they're going to steer this club through the next few weeks and months. The short statement released a few days ago added nothing to existing knowledge. I appreciate Pete has probably now left the country to be with his family but a statement committing finances to keep the club afloat in the short and medium term would be helpful. There must be a lot of very concerned employees - both off and on the pitch - and it's right that they are communicated with first (I really hope they have been). But after that, it would be good if the fanbase could also hear the thoughts of our owners.

    Feel free to ask your question: https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/march/put-your-questions-to-rob-couhig/

  • I'm hoping, but not expecting, the Premier League to help out the lower league clubs with a little bit of their spare cash.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @aloysius said:
    I would like to hear more from the Couhigs about how they're going to steer this club through the next few weeks and months. The short statement released a few days ago added nothing to existing knowledge. I appreciate Pete has probably now left the country to be with his family but a statement committing finances to keep the club afloat in the short and medium term would be helpful. There must be a lot of very concerned employees - both off and on the pitch - and it's right that they are communicated with first (I really hope they have been). But after that, it would be good if the fanbase could also hear the thoughts of our owners.

    I expect he's still taking it all in and trying to work it out himself.
    But we can probably all agree that we'd have been utterly ruined if this happened a mere year ago.

  • @mooneyman said:
    I'm hoping, but not expecting, the Premier League to help out the lower league clubs with a little bit of their spare cash.

    That made me smile nearly as much as the idea someone floated of the government helping out the club.

    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • @eric_plant said:
    That's good, but it's feasible that a player bought with money from the 500 club fires us to promotion and is then sold for a healthy profit.

    Now's not the time for that discussion though, I understand that.

    I think you maybe underestimate how successful the Couhigs would have to be to sell on for a big profit or see decent profits whilst in charge, then there is the 25% of any profit going to the trust, surely has to have been a very real chance we'd be in real danger of going bust without the matchday income and debt having been cleared recently.

Sign In or Register to comment.