Skip to content

The perfect man?

“He’s the perfect man – he’s my hero. I would give it all up now, all the management, all the football, for one world tour. Not only was he a good player, because he played for my dad at Cambridge United, but he’s done an unbelievable job. He plays the guitar, he’s got a band – he’s living the dream.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/11/mendes-wilder-and-the-sas-how-lee-johnson-has-bristol-city-on-the-rise

Comments

• Great find!

• Thanks for sharing.

• Lee Johnson sounds like a great fellow and seems to be enjoying himself. Let's hope he's not worn down by the Championship. Be interesting to hear what he thinks if we do play them! 'Well, you know what you're going to get....'

• @Wendoverman said:
    Lee Johnson sounds like a great fellow and seems to be enjoying himself. Let's hope he's not worn down by the Championship. Be interesting to hear what he thinks if we do play them! 'Well, you know what you're going to get....'

Gaz is certainly liked by a lot of managers.
    Even ones like Barton and Ruddy face of Boston finance shenanigans fame

• I think Gareth shows more respect to other managers and fans than they necessarily show to him. And I've no doubt he is an interesting chap to have a beer with. Perhaps @bluntphil should organise a little fan/Gareth/booze meet up for the podcast! (Queue up here, folks...)

• I'll bring the NorsKrisps!)