Skip to content

Today's key games

2»

Comments

• You would think that with one team fewer this season the points total would be lower. But as Southend and Bolton have collected so few points perhaps that has evened things out.

• edited March 2020

Probably slightly lower standards than normal for automatics - well, at least for 2nd - but higher for play-offs. Crazt near the top in all three FL divisions at the moment: three points separate 6th and 11th in the Championship, five points from 1st to 5th in League Two.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Next 5:

Burton A
    Oxford H
    Coventry A
    Shrewsbury A
    Rotherham H

Final 5:

Southend A
    AFC Wimbledon H
    Lincoln A
    Gillingham H
    Accrington A

The first half of the run-in looks considerably tougher, but get 9-10 points and I'll be very confident of a play-off finish. We're probably looking at needing 18-20 overall.

If I was to predict a win, loss or draw for each game:
    Burton Albion - Draw
    Oxford United - Draw
    Coventry City - Loss
    Shrewsbury Town - Win
    Rotherham United - Loss
    Southend United - Win
    AFC Wimbledon - Win
    Lincoln City - Draw
    Gillingham - Win
    Accrington Stanley - Draw

We would get 14 points if this was to happen, I think it's going to go down to the last day but I would not guarantee anything yet.

• I think you will find that is 16 points

• If I was to predict a win, loss or draw for each game:
    Burton Albion - Win
    Oxford United - Draw
    Coventry City - Win (!)
    Shrewsbury Town - Loss
    Rotherham United - Win
    Southend United - Win
    AFC Wimbledon - Draw
    Lincoln City - Loss
    Gillingham - Win
    Accrington Stanley - Win

AUTO PROMOTION!

• Since we’re all into crystal ball gazing this morning, I did a list of predictions for our results at Christmas and I had us finishing on 76 points. We lost a couple of games that I hadn’t predicted us to lose, so we’re on course for 74 points in my forecast. Will that be enough? Who knows, but what a finale to the season lies in store.

• If I was to predict a win, lose or draw for all the remaining games, I would be correct! ?

• Not necessarily!

• edited March 2020

Pompey 2-2 Fleetwood - Harry Souttar, Fleetwood's absolute lump at the back, has just scored at both ends - and Sunderland 1-0 down at Bristol Rovers (oooooh).

Pompey 2-2 Fleetwood - Harry Souttar, Fleetwood's absolute lump at the back, has just scored at both ends - and Sunderland 1-0 at Bristol Rovers (oooooh).

1-0 "down" at Rovers :)

• edited March 2020

I'm just waiting for that equaliser...

Also fair play for Tranmere - awful against us but on course for their third straight win since, and all away from home. Would put them within touching distance of safety and mean Wimbledon, Rochdale and MK have to keep looking over their shoulders.

• Bristol Rovers 2-0 Sunderland

• Sunderland 2 down and Pompey-Fleetwood drawing. Doesn't get much better than that for us

• Yes, nice one Rovers.

• Always liked Bristol Rovers...

• Full-time and an ideal pair of results! I can't quite work out how, but we are level on points with Sunderland with two games in hand.

Full-time and an ideal pair of results! I can't quite work out how, but we are level on points with Sunderland with two games in hand.

That is superb stuff.

• edited March 2020

Whisper it quietly but that's about as well as it could have gone tonight. Saturday looks a pretty big game now.

• Haha, the Sunderland forum has gone into meltdown again.

They hated Parkinson to start with, a few weeks ago he was the new messiah.... now they want him out again and all the players are useless

It's a good old read.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Haha, the Sunderland forum has gone into meltdown again.

They hated Parkinson to start with, a few weeks ago he was the new messiah.... now they want him out again and all the players are useless

It's a good old read.

Pretty spectacular: https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/tonight-the-penny-has-finally-dropped-for-me.1509122/.

Funny how perspective makes such a difference. Here we are, on the same points, and we're hoping faintly for the best and thinking it likely we'll be in L1 again next season. I get it - they should be expecting more. But...

• Blimey! Did anyone else notice Oxford had won their last five?

• However did Sunderland manage to lose to Bristol Rovers? Almost nobody else has managed that. Along with the Gape news a perfect non-playing evening.

• Looking at Burton, they've drawn their last 4 at home.
    A win there will be huge looking at how packed it all is.

• Excellent results. Still in our hands. A win for us at burton puts more pressure on the 'big clubs'. COYB!