Skip to content

Comments

• Sits wrong with me that clubs can unilaterally withdraw permission for iFollow games to be broadcast.

If a Chairboy abroad has paid for a season long video pass, and can't get the bigger games, seems a bit of a piss take.

• It's still available overseas

• I suppose Coventry think it might get a few more people in the ground. Hard to argue against that in a tight promotion run in unless you are totally bought in to the money gain by iFollow is exactly the same as money bought buying a seat in the ground.

I'm with Coventry on this.

I'm not sure overseas viewers are affected by this decision. It talks specifically about UK and Ireland.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It's still available overseas

Ah thanks for clarifying.

• I'm going to downvote myself.

• Is it possible to access it by being 'overseas' through a VPN?

• To be honest, we know what the outcome is going to be, so maybe this isn't such a bad thing.

• Bloody marvellous - the one game I'm unable to get to.

• @FmG said:
    Is it possible to access it by being 'overseas' through a VPN?

Yes but its a bit of a faff. You have to register using an overseas address and a lot of VPNs have been sussed out.

• Overseas fans are the best ones anyway.

Also. It’s Coventry City, not 1970 Brazil.

• Does make you wonder what the Accrington chairman is moaning about though?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    To be honest, we know what the outcome is going to be, so maybe this isn't such a bad thing.

Come on, more positivity! We’re due to beat them.

• Maybe that's the outcome he meant.

• @glasshalffull Not wishing to sound too much like @glasshalfempty but I have thought those same positive thoughts for at least the last half-a-dozen times that we played Stockport - the last time being when we had Matty Phillips, Kevin Betsy and Sir Gareth Ainsworth on the field, and Stockport offered nothing. But it's still never happened, and possibly never will.

and as for Luton at home...

• @DevC said:
    Does make you wonder what the Accrington chairman is moaning about though?

Exactly this.
    If you can opt out, what the bloody hell was his rant about?!

• Very annoying. Had come to take midweeks as a guarantee of being on ifollow.

• I can't believe they have not moved kickoff to 2:45am so that us US fans can watch at the right time. It makes me sick.

• Disappointing this, was hoping to watch it

• I thought because the game was originally due to be played on a Saturday 3pm they were not allowed to show on I follow (in the UK). I’m pretty sure Cov announced that before their game against Rotherham.

• No such rule. Our game at Peterborough was originally a Saturday 3pm and that was on iFollow.

• @fromtheside said:
    I thought because the game was originally due to be played on a Saturday 3pm they were not allowed to show on I follow (in the UK). I’m pretty sure Cov announced that before their game against Rotherham.

I think you are partially correct - it's because the fixture was originally scheduled for a Saturday (and therefore would not have been available on iFollow in the UK) that Coventry are able to block the transmission in the UK on the rearranged date.