Skip to content

Bilel Moshini spotted departing from HWY station today

Wearing a tracksuit and carrying a huge holdall. Looks like he had been on trial somewhere.

Comments

• Who's that?

• Rather excitable ex Southend and Rangers defender.

• Had quite a few red cards in his time!

• Hopefully he didn't drive to Wycombe as he is serving a long ban for dangerous driving!

• That's probably why he was taking the train.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Wearing a tracksuit and carrying a huge holdall. Looks like he had been on trial somewhere.

I'd imagine more likely on trial at High Wycombe Magistrates.

• I am always a little puzzled by these reports. Who can look at some random guy at a railway station and say I know who that is - that's Bilel Mohsni?

• It's unlikely you will ever be in a position to recognise a player in the flesh, in or out of his kit Mr DC.
    Bilel Mohsni has quite a distinctive appearance, and maybe even a non attendee like yourself would realise who he was.

• You are quite right, Chas. Frankly if Bilel Mohsni sat down in front of me and said "hi there, I'm Bilel Mohsni", I wouldn't have a clue who he was without looking him up.

On looking him up, I see he played 60 odd games in English football for Southend - including playing once against Wycombe ten years ago. According to his picture on WIKI he perhaps looks a little like a young Imran Khan - nothing overly distinctive I wouldn't have said - perhaps he has changed his appearance since.

frankly I went to a game last night. If I happened to bump into any of the 26 players who played at a railway station this morning, I wouldn't have a clue who they were. perhaps i am getting old.

• A railway station is a strange place to play football, particularly in the morning!

• edited March 2020

Only one eye in Mohsni.

• @Cyclops said:
    Only one eye in Mohsni.

Takes one to know one.)

• @DevC said:
    I am always a little puzzled by these reports. Who can look at some random guy at a railway station and say I know who that is - that's Bilel Mohsni?

When it's a guy who works at the train station reporting it, a guy with huge footy player knowledge...and it's a fellaini esque stand out looking player....then it's not too much of a stretch.

It's not some drone doing the booker petrol station spotting job

• @Malone said:

Wasn't it the Turnpike filling station?

• Y> @EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

Wasn't it the Turnpike filling station?

It was called "Booker" but there was always a slight debate about which one Booker is.
    Although I'd have agreed with your assessment of it.

• Back in the day, I thought Cressex was where the mythical sightings happened...

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Back in the day, I thought Cressex was where the mythical sightings happened...

Cressex gets my vote

• Is that the cheap Esso?

• Or the cheep owl?

• Cressex is no where near Booker. It is a huge lie, there is a massive East Berlin style wall between them. Also, my house is worth £20,000 more for being in Booker than it would be if it was in Cressex. Thats a minor thing....

• edited March 2020

Many years ago, I went with prospective flatmates to look at a place advertised as being located in "West Hampstead borders". It was fifteen yards off Kilburn High Road.

• My mate in Booker used to refer to his home as being in "Greater Marlow"

• A well known Gasroomer would often confuse the border between Slough and Burnham...

• I know people who prefer to call Mickelfield... lower Penn

• When I was living in Downley, the parish council put up signs where Downley began and ended. It missed out the council estate funnily enough.

• West Wycombe goes as far as Chapel Lane so you can, in theory, live in some crappy flat at the end of the West Wycombe Road and make people think you live in a National Trust village.

• I think the bridle paths denote the extent of the old Downley village but the signs don't reflect this. Also anyone noticed that bell field seems to be disraeli now or did I miss something......