Skip to content

Oxford ticket sales info

1235»

Comments

• We have a government that works on 'feelings' and appearances and they would hate the country to be seen in turmoil. Also they know the NHS of hunt and hancock has been so undercut it will struggle to cope. They will leave it with their fingers crossed until they are forced into a proper response. I think oxford will go ahead. Best wishes to @Lloyd2084 .

• @eric_plant said:
    @Lloyd2084 it must be a concerning time for you and your family. Apologies if my earlier post was insensitive

Thank @eric_plant, no offence taken

I’m currently sat in the Coronavirus pod in Wycombe having tried to take my daughter to MIU with a broken wrist. They refused to treat us, even though we don’t meet the travel criteria and kicked us out to the pod. After 2 hours on the phone to 111 on the pod phone they told the MIU staff to see us as we aren’t in the currently defined risk category. The hospital just booted us out back into the pod and here we are, a ten year old with a broken wrist and Unable to access any treatment whilst various bits of the NHS argue with each other.

Kafka would have a few novels out of this.

• That's awful @Lloyd2084, sorry to hear this. Best wishes to your daughter and I hope you get properly treated soon.

• @LX1 said:
    Given that the scientists have said stopping large gatherings is largely ineffectual, it would be a massive U-turn to do so now. I support a border check at the bottom of Aston Rowant escarpment though

Surely this isn't the widespread "expert" viewpoint.
    As simply put, the more people you mix with, the more chance you have of getting it, and if one person has it in a tiny area, everyone round them will get it?

This is why Italy have gone into an absolute shut down to stop the huge escalation of spreading they've seen, and while we'll "probably" start to follow suit if we see the same.

• @Malone said:

@LX1 said:
    Given that the scientists have said stopping large gatherings is largely ineffectual, it would be a massive U-turn to do so now. I support a border check at the bottom of Aston Rowant escarpment though

As simply put, the more people you mix with, the more chance you have of getting it, and if one person has it in a tiny area, everyone round them will get it?

This is why Italy have gone into an absolute shut down to stop the huge escalation of spreading they've seen, and while we'll "probably" start to follow suit if we see the same.

This was what I got from the scientists speaking at the Prime Minister's press conference yesterday. Yeah I think the point is an infected person is only likely to infect those in the immediate vicinity, so the size of the crowd is irrelevant. So I guess you either have complete lockdown, or you don't. No point in closing football matches for example.

• How many tickets have Oxford sold anyway?

• @LX1 said:

@Malone said:

@LX1 said:

This was what I got from the scientists speaking at the Prime Minister's press conference yesterday. Yeah I think the point is an infected person is only likely to infect those in the immediate vicinity, so the size of the crowd is irrelevant. So I guess you either have complete lockdown, or you don't. No point in closing football matches for example.

The advice today from the UK's Deputy Chief Medical Officer, speaking to BBC Breakfast:

"Dr Harries said cancelling big outdoor events like football matches would not necessarily be a decision supported by science.

"The virus will not survive very long outside," she said. "Many outdoor events, particularly, are relatively safe.""

• @LX1 said:
    How many tickets have Oxford sold anyway?

All of them !

• Just a quick update, thanks for the good wishes folks.

We are being seen my people in big hazmat suits and are getting treatment in MIU now. The individual staff here are excellent as usual, one can’t help but feel for them having to deal with this.

Lots of phone calls going on between various departments but at least my daughter has had a X-ray now.

Whatever happens we’re going to self isolate until all signs of whatever we have are gone. Hopefully they’ll relax the 3pm rules on iFollow!

You’re safe to visit MIU if you need to as we’ve been kept clear of any public areas and their procedures for hygiene and isolation seem pretty robust.

• The sensible thing for Forest would seem to be postpone their next two games and quarantine the squad.

• Surely Millwall would have to take the same precautions in that case.

• Probably.

• Self isolation and football on the telly.........that's the dream.

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Self isolation and football on the telly.........that's the dream.

Plus free beer and crisps!

• @mooneyman said:

@Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:

Was that a budget give-away I missed?

• @Onlooker said:

@mooneyman said:

@Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:

Was that a budget give-away I missed?

They're only affordable if enough people miss them.

• Does that mean season tickets are not valid??

• @floyd said:

@Stewie63 said:
    I don’t think this game will take place unfortunately. Coranavirus will be rife by then and all mass gatherings will be cancelled.
    Sad but I think the UK will be in lockdown with very limited travelling permitted.

This sort of thinking currently is far more dangerous than any virus.

@floyd yeah....scaremongering

• Will Oxford be very angry that we won;t be letting ANY away fans in on the 21st?

• Oxford fans will likely be very angry, full stop.

• They have to make up for the lack of a fourth stand themselves by demanding extra seats at away grounds.

• Shame it’s not at Oxford as non-league grounds are unaffected by this.