Skip to content

Var yesterday at Stamford Bridge

2»

Comments

• Sounds good.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    How do three-yard passes and short corners make the Premier League unwatchable?

Subjective, I know, but for me the answer is the same as why I feel Formula 1 would be worse if the cars moved sideways a few feet and then forward a few feet at 3mph.

The object is to score goals. I like teams moving towards the goal.

• I see the opposite view but that's nicely put. @shev.

• @wingnut said:
    But they are professionals. According to some that means they don't make mistakes.

Can't help but think that I am one of those 'some' you are referring to.

Going pro doesn't mean that they won't make mistakes, just that they are sufficiently trained to not ruin games and to make the right calls as much as possible.

From this thread it seems that the problem lies in the standards of training themselves rather than the amount of training refs receive. This is something I know precious little about and seems a much deeper issue than how much time they put into their training, i.e. to what degree they are professional.

It sounds like the training is much better in Germany than it is in England ATM.

• edited February 2020

@Shev said:

Subjective, I know, but for me the answer is the same as why I feel Formula 1 would be worse if the cars moved sideways a few feet and then forward a few feet at 3mph.

I personally think that doing that would actually make Formula 1 a much more interesting spectacle.