Skip to content

Bean at RB

Im not saying he hasnt played half decent, but every single time a winger knocks it past him he gets a free cross as bean gets skinned. Hardly ideal and it showed vs Plymouth

Comments

• He read the game pretty well and made some timely interceptions, but you are right, he is pretty slow.

• I was impressed with his crossing last night, and thought he did pretty well at the defending until the last 10 minutes.

• Nico offers so much in the middle that you can see why Ainsworth doesn't want to move him back to RB. I'm not sure I wouldn't do so for Thursday though. Bean rarely prevented the cross coming in last night when one on one and that's when we look most susceptible.

• You'd expect Sheridan to either start Banton in the next leg or again bring him on as super sub to make the most of tired legs - either way Yennaris would be better to counter that threat.

Thing is Bean's definitely better at breaking up the play than he is at distribution so I can see why we play him at RB but it's not ideal.

• edited May 2015

Sorry people but Alfie Mawson is not perfect, he was at fault for the goal not Marcus Bean .. yes the winger went past him that happens its part of the game.

• The thing is a few players were at error for the second goal , not just Lynch who probably only saw it late anyway

• lets be honest they scored a wonder goal which even degea wouldn't have got and a spawn second ... I still think we are favourites for wembley even though our home record is poor we have still put on some big performances when needed.

• Thought the partnership of Yennaris and Saunders was key, they absolutely bossed the middle of the park. No way that partnership should be split up.

• Exactly

• Poor home record yes, but this isn't a "normal" home game. Plymouth have to come at us, so we can approach it like an away game which will suit us.

• That is true. I would take 90 minutes of Peter Taylor-style grindball if it gets us to the final.

• This "poor home record" thing is a bit of a myth though isn't it? After all we've won a lot more home games than we've lost this season, it's just been overshadowed by our outstanding away record.

• Pilgrims are a class act and played very much like a League 1 side. Give them time and space they are going to hurt us. So unless the entire team bring "A" game, we are going to struggle.

Defend for the entire game a one goal advantage lol. We need a few more goals for sure, I don't fancy extra time, one little bit with our strength in depth.

• @Ciderk1d said:
    Pilgrims are a class act and played very much like a League 1 side

God almighty - never knowingly positive are you? If they played very much like a league 1 side we'll do perfectly well next season if we go up.

• Didn't we win at Plymouth

• @arnos_grove said:

What ever that's my opinion. I didn't watch the game with tinted glasses. Yes, negatively I'm concerned about a one goal advantage, playing at home with a rookie keeper and some players seemingly having a stroll when they come on in a playoff match.

• edited May 2015

We won away. That is a good thing. Players know they ahve to put in 90 minutes on Thursday. That is a good thing. Plymouth have to score. That is a good thing. Apart from all that I agree with arnos it was rubbish.