Skip to content

Away Goals in playoffs

Any idea when and why the rule was changed regarding away goals in play offs. I'm not just raising it after we scored 3 away goals but it seems to punish teams with good away record!

I have faith that we'll do enough on Thursday but may have been easier if away goals counted double!

Fingers crossed to a full recovery from all players and Matty back between the sticks.

Comments

• I think David Sheepshanks got it changed when he was Ipswich chairman and on FL Board after his side lost in that manner one year.

• Or because it's a stupid European idea brought in because of cheating and corruption.

• I read the same about Sheepshanks.

• Correct about Sheepshanks. Ipswich lost play off semi's on away goals twice in three years. The 2nd time, 1999 I think, was to Bolton. They lost 1-0 away and won 4-3 at home (aet - it was 3-2 after 90 mins). Sheepshanks got the rule changed for the next season.

• Away goals, don't expect many goals in todays fixture Stevenage v Southend it's aweful to watch, so bad I told the wife she can have the remote.

• How is that Stevenage player allowed to play on after being knocked out cold?

• edited May 2015

That Barry Corr Is a dirty tw@t

• Both teams are rubbish. Let's get to Wembley, get the ball down and play

• I know they're not setting the world alight but I really do think pitches like that would do that to almost any team. Add to that the fact that the ball's hardly been in play!

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    How is that Stevenage player allowed to play on after being knocked out cold?

Because Westley is a Tw*t. Shows what he thinks of his players - any decent Manager would have taken him off straight away.. just like Brown did with their lad.