Skip to content

Craig

I thought was outstanding yesterday he didn't stop pressing their defence got an assist on one goal and scored another my MOTM.

Comments

• Craig was excellent, easily his best Wycombe performance. And a well taken goal too.

• Give that man his bonus!

• He has been top class for the last 3 games, I would suggest he will even get another year regardless of promotion.

• Maybe some kind of player coach role? I think Ainsworth sees him as a big character in the dressing room.

• Holloway was man of the match for me but Craig was fantastic too. I really like him playing wide of centre.

• Craig has been an absolute revelation in the last few weeks.

• Thought he was excellent last night, contributing to a big and intimidating front line. He falls short in his technical ability has done what he's needed to do the past few games.

• Thought it was Craigies best performance in a Wycombe shirt, and what well taken goal...class!

• And what a pass to put him in on goal that left the Plymouth defenders standing doing nothing.

• At his best acting as a wedge between centre halfs and full backs to balls over the top/down the side, very clever with his run making. Too many times has he been used as the 'target man' which suits Holloways strength or Hayes touch far better. With Hayes and Holloway generally coming deep, his willingness to run beyond defenders gives us opportunity to stretch teams on larger pitches (like last night). May be one who'd suit the AP surface being full size again

• Craig can play a dual purpose role in midfield or upfront. Sign him up within our tight purse budget ofc.

As for Holloway, he sure put himself (shop window) about and after he came off, we capitulated and Fred up top, was clear to see can't hold it up.

Thus we were overun with no outlet (deja vu). Many on this forum say we hoof it or rely on hitting our target man, but end of the day we had 3 men upfront so obviously we get to Hayes or Holloway for a reason "it works". Look what happens when we don't (@ 10 minutes to hold on to our spoils).

• But who else would sign Holloway with his injury record?

• @robin said:
    But who else would sign Holloway with his injury record?

Who knows... but I assure you there are plenty of teams who would imo take a punt as I bet Holloway aint on that much and maybe with goal incentives that takes into consideration his hamstrings woes.

Holloway was and is a nusiance and opposition defenders double up on him every game, so other teams take him seriously and I bet you other managers too, as he provides a platform.

Anyway will know for sure, pretty much soon as his contracts up in June.

• its his calf thats causing the problem at the moment

• Cramp! I give it to him playing through that pain well done lad. I am proud off all of the starting 11 they were great. Pier was awsome I've watched it 3 times.

• In the highlights package of Craig's 100 career goals, that WWFC have just put on Twitter, the VERY FIRST ONE is an own goal!

• Would liked to of seen craig do the 90 min yesterday. Unlless he was tired if not it was a bad move,didnt look like he wanted to be subbed to me.

• Big shout out to Craig. He was awesome yet again.

• I've been a critic of Craig most of this season, though he's won me, and hopefully some of his harsher critics with his performances at the end of this season.
    The frustrated, ineffective, at times petulant Craig of earlier this season has been replaced by a focused, selfless Craig who will run through walls for the cause. The well-taken opportunist goal yesterday was a bonus (see what I did there..) but really his most important work was elsewhere.
    Whether we hand a new contract to him depends on how much Gaz thinks we can get Craig playing like this on a more regular basis.

• So Craig tweaked his hamstring on sat that's why he was subbed. Lets hope he is okay for Thursday along with Holloway and hayes and Ingram. Got everything crossed.

• I may be wrong, but watching the recording I made on Sky, it looked to me like Craig was the one doing the inspirational talking in the pre-kickoff huddle rather than Hayes.
    If I'm right, he certainly did a good job on that too!