Skip to content

Part of away end to open to home fans for Tranmere game

13»

Comments

• I watched Wycombe v Slough from the away end, the only time I've ever been at that end. It was a standing terrace back then. The 20 or so Slough fans were put in the corner of the Main stand. 7000+ Chairboys there that night. 1-0 Wycombe , Keith Scott goal and the Conference title and promotion to the Football League all but assured. Took the then girlfriend (now wife) to her first football game, her 2nd game was the play-off final at Wembley against Southend in 2015.

• How many Wycombe fans do we reckon were in that end in the end?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    How many Wycombe fans do we reckon were in that end in the end?

Had to miss a rare home game, but from an angle I saw, it was like a game of count any actual fans you could see!

• @Malone Actual fans don't miss home games ?

How many Wycombe fans do we reckon were in that end in the end?

During a break in play I counted 35 - 40 hard to say if they were all fans or some stewards

• Maybe part of it was to ensure the safety of splitting the away end for the satisfaction of the Police and the club’s safety officer. A successful trial against Tranmere means that when we need more home fan capacity we can use the away end to accommodate another 800 home fans? Not sure which games we will need that...against a team that brings a smaller away following but generates a larger home following...any ideas?

• 25th April. Gillingham. Could be day we clinch promotion. Worthwhile experiment costing little or nothing.

• @Gerry47 said:
    I watched Wycombe v Slough from the away end, the only time I've ever been at that end. It was a standing terrace back then. The 20 or so Slough fans were put in the corner of the Main stand. 7000+ Chairboys there that night. 1-0 Wycombe , Keith Scott goal and the Conference title and promotion to the Football League all but assured. Took the then girlfriend (now wife) to her first football game, her 2nd game was the play-off final at Wembley against Southend in 2015.

A win without the red carded Andy Kerr for most of the second half. One of the truly great Adams Park evenings.

@Malone Actual fans don't miss home games ?

Tru. Trust me to miss a relative goal fest!