Skip to content

The Opposition View: Fleetwood

2»

Comments

• @glasshalffull said:
    I know it’s a statement of the bleeding obvious but we are where we are because we’ve won more games and more points than all bar one other team in the division.
    I prefer to concentrate on our strengths rather than our weaknesses and people can moan all they like about our style of play, but the majority of our opponents haven’t found a way to beat us.

Pretty much everyone agrees with you. Don't get so het up about the occasional one that doesn't

• Wasn’t getting het up, Eric. Just trying to provide some balance.

• Sorry @glasshalffull But on this occasion I don’t think you did add “balance”.

It seemed fairly clear to me that there was an element of tongue-in-cheek humour in @HCblue’s original comment.

It is also fair to say that practically every opposing manager drones on about “you know what you’re getting when you play Wycombe.”

We can probably all write the scouting reports - “work hard, run around a lot, fall over and hoof it to the big man.” (THIS IS NOT MEANT YO BE TAKEN THAT SERIOUSLY)

The fact that for a lot of the season we were very difficult to beat, to me shows that:

a) we are very good at what we do
    b) scouts at this level aren’t

Some of us on here quite enjoy taking the piss out of ourselves and our football team and it isn’t really necessary to jump on our throats as soon as we say something (often in jest) derogatory about our beloved team. Most sensible people don’t take our drivel that seriously.

• Even when we were clear at the top and winning every week, we weren't pumping teams, and on each individual performance we probably don't look "outstanding", but it's our consistency and will to win which you need to see across multiple games to appreciate which are our qualities which have got us where we are rather than out and out quality which we just can't afford.