Skip to content

McCarthy signs?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• What reports are you referring to @fame_46 ?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sounds good to me!

• Grimmer/Macca controversy coming? They are both so very good.

• @Shev said:
    Grimmer/Macca controversy coming? They are both so very good.

Could on occasion play both on the right.

• Have the club got this over the line for him to play tomorrow is the big question.

• @Malone said:
    Have the club got this over the line for him to play tomorrow is the big question.

Only if he was registered by 12pm today ?

• Snooping on Instagram's stories - many players sharing gym footage with McCarthy clearly taking part in a training top.

I'd imagine we'll get it revealed in the Vere tomorrow (or perhaps the Chairboys Village with a Tom Kerridge Pie in his mouth)

• Would love them to just casually include him in the line-up announcement video and let the followers generate the fanfare.

• Out of interest if Grimmer, McCarthy (if true) Charles, Stewart and JJ are all fit, who would be your first choice back four?

• Impossible to answer that - it's a squad game. Surely the beauty of signing McCarthy is that not only does he cover Grimmer, but he can also step in for Charles or Stewart at CB too. Particularly important in the case of Charles who we can assume will miss all the midweek games we have coming up.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Fake News

Are you for real?

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Impossible to answer that - it's a squad game. Surely the beauty of signing McCarthy is that not only does he cover Grimmer, but he can also step in for Charles or Stewart at CB too. Particularly important in the case of Charles who we can assume will miss all the midweek games we have coming up.

Arguably also better cover than Mascoll at left-back? I only say that as Mascoll is so inexperienced, wouldn't normally be keen on inverted full-backs.

• @DevC said:
    Out of interest if Grimmer, McCarthy (if true) Charles, Stewart and JJ are all fit, who would be your first choice back four?

The best back four for that game, depending on opposition, injuries and amount of games in the week

• Allsop
    Grimmer mcCarthy Charles Stewart Jacobson
    Gape Thompson Freeman/blooms
    Bayo Kashket/smith/Samuel/fred

Fit them all in

• I reckon for certain games it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to have McCarthy and Grimmer both in the same lineup on the right.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Malone said:
    Have the club got this over the line for him to play tomorrow is the big question.

Only if he was registered by 12pm today ?

I suppose it'd be slightly odd to have in training with us if we hadn't sealed the deal.

But then it'd be unlike us not to announce it. I know we're very cautious with other stuff, but we generally announce signings?

Maybe a couple of days training, and then Peterboro is more sensible, than throwing him straight in tomorrow anyway.

• And he's not cup tied for the Berks and Bucks

• @Mr67 said:
    And he's not cup tied for the Berks and Bucks

Is the final at Wembley?

• @Malone said:

@perfidious_albion said:
    Fake News

Are you for real?

Really hope I’m wrong. COYB’s

• edited January 2020

@perfidious_albion said:

@Malone said:

@perfidious_albion said:
    Fake News

Are you for real?

Really hope I’m wrong. COYB’s

He's in numerous photos from training, and has been spotted around the area.
    It really is one of those rare perfect deals for all parties!

• So we got money, fred and McCarthy back from Millwall. Good business

• @thecatwwfc said:
    So we got money, fred and McCarthy back from Millwall. Good business

Well, Fred hasn't been seen for months and McCarthy may be short term, and noone knows if there was actually money on top...

But yeah.

• Didn't we sell Paris, loan him back then get him back permanently on a free?

• We will need him to replace Charles on Tursday.

• @mooneyman said:
    We will need him to replace Charles on Tursday.

Charles did play a Saturday-Tuesday fairly recently didn't he?

With a whole week off after Peterboro he might be able to again.
    But then not, when it's then Tue-Sat after.

• @mooneyman said:
    We will need him to replace Charles on Tursday.

Bejabers @mooneyman - I tort for a moment the game was on Thursday.