Skip to content

Glenn Whelan

2»

Comments

• edited January 2020

He's made 19 appearances this season, starting in ten of them.

• @Chris said:
    Scowen would easily be the best player in the squad, and there is no way we sign him.

That sounds a little OTT to me @Chris but I assume that it is based on watching him play on a few occasions, so I defer to your judgment.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    He's made 19 appearances this season, starting in ten of them.

Thanks @chairboyscentral . In that case it seems very unlikely that they will be offering him on loan. I thought this was probably a non-starter.

I think it was the applecart rather than the bandwagon that I was thinking of !

• Hope I’m not alone in thinking all this idle speculation can get a bit tedious. I’m awaiting official announcements over the next couple of weeks now but will reserve the right to dip into the thread(s) from time to time and make the usual crass comments.

I nearly made a suggestion myself a week or so ago. It concerned the possibility of having Jason McCarthy on loan for the rest of the season. Great cover/competition.

• Not sure why you're being downvoted Micra.

McCarthy is exactly the kind of loan Ainsworth has pulled off in the past, and we could do with him if Grimmer spends more time out for treatment.

Both Fred and Paris Cowan Hall also spent time at Millwall, then Wycombe, only to be frozen out at the Den and ultimately return here.

• edited January 2020

McCarthy has missed a chunk of the season injured. He is their back-up RB but might have got a chance had he been fit the whole time. Wouldn't say no to him back at Wycombe, but it's not gonna happen - he'd be dropping a tier just to provide cover/competition to a player who's barely put a foot wrong all season.

Immediate concerns are Darius Charles' contract and what to do with Rolando Aarons - who's due to go back to Newcastle on Monday after his last last-minute winner at the Stadium of Light.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't know what we'll do, but I think it's fairly obvious what the key needs are, and we know we have next to no budget as things stand - which rules out most of the silly suggestions (which seem to stem from Facebook).

• Was intending to walk away for a while but I’d just like to say that I had in mind cover for central defence as much as right back when I referred to the (outside) possibility of having JMc on loan. We are heavily dependent on Stewart and Charles and have been unbelievably lucky for them to have remained fit for half the season.