Skip to content

Whete are we watching football tommorow?

Am popping over to see Slough V Eastbourne. Slough are currently 5th in the National League South. They lost to leaders
Wealdstone on ``New Years Day.

Comments

• Planning to go to Shepshed Dynamo v Quorn.

• Hopefully watching England bowl South Africa out for under 100

• Whete is there football tommorow?

• Haringey Boro vs Lewes.

• Switched from cricket (South Africa 124-3) to Rochdale v Newcastle (0-0 after two minutes!!

• Couple of Brits in the Newcastle lineup?

• Matt and Sean Longstaff (19 and 22 year
    old brothers from Rotherham) but can’t say I’d heard of them previously and not heard of any of the others before (though Joelion sounds vaguely familiar).
    Sad how devalued the FA Cup is amongst the aristos.

• edited January 2020

That's more or less a full-strength Newcastle side. Sean Longstaff is fairly established, Matty becoming so - made his first start v Man United and scored the winner. Joelinton was their 'marquee' signing in the summer (I don't know how I know so much about a team I've barely watched this season).

• Mustn’t forget Isaac Hayden who played 33 games for them in the Championship and 17 in the Premier League.
    Robbie Savage (BT commentator) getting dog’s abuse from Newcastle fans.

• Well, if that’s more or less full strength it goes to show how little I’ve seen of them as well!

• Peterborough getting torn apart by Burnley reserves. Christy Pym having a rough time in goal for the Posh - who had they not been in the cup would have been facing us today. 3-0 to Burnley after 23 mins

• Is that on the box @AlanCecil ?

• Just discovered it’s on R5 Sports Extra.

• @micra said:
    Is that on the box @AlanCecil ?

Following it via BT Sport 2 along with 5 other early kickoffs

• @chairboyscentral said:
    That's more or less a full-strength Newcastle side. Sean Longstaff is fairly established, Matty becoming so - made his first start v Man United and scored the winner. Joelinton was their 'marquee' signing in the summer (I don't know how I know so much about a team I've barely watched this season).

A weird one, in that they're probably at full strength, but only due to a large crop of injuries.
    Shelvey, Schar, Lascelles, Ritchie, Willems, Clark and Dummett would have claim to be in there usually.

Sean Longstaff tends to play about 1 in 3, and his brother has started a mere 4 league games out of 21. But because he scored 2 in 2 v Man United, there's the misconception he's been around a bit more.

• Rochdale currently 1-1 with Newcastle which could mean them facing an away replay a few days before they come down to Adams Park on the 18th

• @AlanCecil said:
    Rochdale currently 1-1 with Newcastle which could mean them facing an away replay a few days before they come down to Adams Park on the 18th

Every little helps! Hopefully they take them to pens like they did United, just days before we played them away and won 3-0!

• @Malone I didn't even realise he'd scored against them again. Not a bad record so far then! Well, the result in the second game wasn't great...

• Hartlepool 1-0 up at Oxford

• Sunderland 3-0 up v Lincoln in the mid-table clash - the only game in League One this weekend.

• @AlanCecil said:

@micra said:
    Is that on the box @AlanCecil ?

Following it via BT Sport 2 along with 5 other early kickoffs

Have only just seen your 1.12pm post @AlanCecil . Shame. Would rather have watched that one. Tracking down what matches are on where these days can be quite time-consuming ! I discovered recently that Amazon have also pitched in.
    Cricket is much simpler and the Test Match today has been unusually enjoyable. Every one of the eight South African batsmen dismissed today was caught. Amazing.

• I see Stokes continued with that to finish them off this morning! Watching now and we're 12-0 after 4.2.

• Slough v Eastbourne 1-1 Sloughs goal memorable as it was scored from within their own half following a poor clearance from the Eastbourne keeper excellent strike nonetheless. Sergio Torres in the dug out for the visitors but not a sub Still playing I gather but maybe injured ? Slough seemed to,run out of steam last half hour 4th game in 9 days which takes its toll if you are part time I guess.

• Wasn’t it Scott Davies who scored for Slough?

• Haringey 0-1 Lewes

I can’t recommend a visit to Haringey enough.

Lewes always looked the better side but the first half was a closer affair, with both sides trying to play out from the back on the quick artificial surface.

After being denied a penalty appeal, a red card awarded against Boro for dissent really put them on the back foot.

Despite some good saves from their keeper they conceeded a well hit strike from the edge of the area in the 69th min.

I live locally but went after meeting two supporters on the way back from Gillingham earlier this season.

They are a very progressive club, notably walking off recently against Yeovil after racist abuse in the FA cup, at risk of forfeiting the tie.

A lot of relaxed self-policing is done on the terraces resulting in an excellent atmosphere with near 90 minutes of singing from the home support.

No swearing is allowed in the chanting, and they enforce a no swearing policy generally with children apparently allowed to “card” and “send off” persist offenders to the club house, as well as discouraging any goading of the opposition crowd.

The demographic is a little different from the usual football crowd, partly as a result of these policies. They seem to have discouraged the Richies and Trevors of this world from attending games there, and it’s quite a bohemian, left wing crowd.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    The demographic is a little different from the usual football crowd, partly as a result of these policies. They seem to have discouraged the Richies and Trevors of this world from attending games there, and it’s quite a bohemian, left wing crowd.

Do they need a drummer on a free transfer?

• @mooneyman said:

@OxfordBlue said:

Do they need a drummer on a free transfer?

The drummer was excellent.

Oh season tickets are free as well!

• @Jonny_King said:
    Wasn’t it Scott Davies who scored for Slough?

Scott Davies indeed, a sublime finish.

• Going the liverpool v Everton game. Never been more confident of an away win!

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Going the liverpool v Everton game. Never been more confident of an away win!

Having seen that lineup, if Everton don't win today, they will never win at anfield again