Skip to content

Trivia Question

In 1987 this happened in a match involving Wycombe Wanderers, it was almost 30 years to the day in 1957 that it last happened ?
Any ideas ??

Comments

• Bloomfield scored?

• Dev attended a match?

• Did both teams play in their change kit?

• @mooneyman said:
    Dev attended a match?

Close, but he has rumoured to have climbed aboard some bandwagons in recent years, Wembley,Villa Park etc.

• @eric_plant said:
    Did both teams play in their change kit?

Nothing to do with kits Mr Plant

• Scored 11 in a game?

• That happened in 87, but not 57 !!

• An 'outfield' player went in goal for us for the entire game, and kept a clean sheet?

• It certainly happened in 87, But Dave Bullock also kept a clean sheet in 1975.
    Good effort Mr Buzz.

• 2 brothers playing for us?

• Very close Mr Buzz.

• Ok, how about the 2 brothers scoring in the same game?!

• Well done Mr Buzz, George and Declan link both Scored against Bromley in the league in Jan 87. That was the first time two brothers had scored in a league match since Jimmy and Geoff Truett both notched in the 7-0 demolition of St Albans in Jan 1957.

• Careful with the “Mr”s @ChasHarps. There are ladies lurking out there!
    But you have my unstinting admiration for your far from BWK (basic Wycombe Knowledge as @EddieMonsoon pointed out to me many years ago).

• No need to worry in my case, Micra - Mr Harps knows me and I do still self-identify as male. I have to confess I'm very proud to have answered one of Chas's trivia questions.

• And so you should be @Buzz. I can’t recall a single question from @ChasHarps that I have had any clue about although I did think I might have stood an outside chance with the goalkeeper question as there are relatively few compared with the number of outfield players.
    Confess I don’t think I ever saw Brian Ede.

• Aha - just discovered that Mr Ede played in one of the three seasons when we were exiled in Basingstoke and I only managed to get to an occasional game.

• Just to spice it up a bit, can anyone else names of brothers that have appeared in league
    games together for WWFC ?

• Declan and George Link?

• Already been mentioned along with the Truett Brothers.

• Keith Scott and Jason Cousins!

• They were Brother in laws !! As was Mike Keen and Alan Davies, and was it ever confirmed the Peter Taylor was Father in Law to the woeful Stewie Green ??

• Were Len and Dave Worley brothers ? Len of course is a legend but I think his brother played for us briefly in the 1960s just before my time.

• I'll have a punt on Steve & Gary Toll

• Oh forgot them of course !

• I could name a father/son combination, not that they played together, but that's as good as it gets for me.

• @Twizz said:
    I could name a father/son combination, not that they played together, but that's as good as it gets for me.

Pete and Paul Birdseye, Pete in the 50s and son Paul in the 70s.

• Trevor and Colin Bunting son and father goalkeepers

• @Wisdom_Of_Harry said:
    I'll have a punt on Steve & Gary Toll

The Toll Brothers played 2 league games together in 81-82.

• @Mr67 said:
    Were Len and Dave Worley brothers ? Len of course is a legend but I think his brother played for us briefly in the 1960s just before my time.

The Worley brothers played a number of times together in the early to mid 60's, another set of brothers from around that time also appeared together 3 times in league matches. Any guesses ??