Skip to content

Saturday Trivia

Do we know the former Wanderer who considered pulling out of a non Saturday WWFC fixture
due to belonging to a non mainstream religous faith ?

Comments

• Dylan Evans, first ever WWFC Sunday match v Corinthian-Casuals, because he was a Mormon?

• Well done Mr Newbs !!

• My childhood hero (in light snd dark blue) was a Mormon? Say it ain’t so!!

• Sorry but its true Mr @bookertease !!

• I once caught the bus to a game and Dylan Evans got on, can't remember the stop.

• Dylan was one of the first players i can remember as a child at Loakes Park, whilst often looking dangerous, he had the ability to reguarly miss sitters. Maybe he should of spent more time practising knocking in goals than 'Knocking on doors' !!

• Did he have a poor conversion rate?

• It was his unpredictability that I liked. He could change from being absolutely awful to tearing a team apart (and vice versa) in an instant for no apparent reason.

I remember (usual health warning about unreliability or that) a fairly dire end of season game against Dagenham. 0-0 at half time and going nowhere. A Dylan Evans masterclass and whirlwind second half later it was 5-2.

• He was always at his best skipping along the far touch line (looking from the cow shed) towards the gasworks end. As @bookertease says, very unpredictable.

Isn’t it the Jehovas Witnesses who do the doorstepping? I think the Mormons tend to keep themselves to themselves. Not sure.

• As you say very unpredictable but at his best a brilliant player , signed from Cheltenham. Scored a goal in our first ever cup win over league opposition when we beat Newport 3-1 in 73 A week before he bagged all 4 in a win at Walthamstow. Overshadowed by the Searle , Horseman , Perrin front 3 but a very useful super sub and stand in when hen one of the 3 were injured. Played on at loakes Psrk into the late 70s before doing a useful job at Slough Town. A teacher by day job I believe . Played for the Welsh Amateur National Team.