Skip to content

Player of the Decade

2»

Comments

• edited December 2019

@chairboyscentral said:
    I saw someone suggest a round of applause in the 36th minute. He must have played us since then, though?

He's played against us since then for both Mansfield and Blackpool. On both occasions he received a great reception! "Colin Daniel is our mate, he hates Rovers"

• A very easy choice for me

• Mawson on there for 1 season! What an incredible season that was too.

• I voted Bayo. JJ second and Mawson third imo.

• I also went Bayo. He's just had an incredible impact, and to be a key player into his 4th year is beyond what even the most optimistic fan imagined.

• I went Bayo too

• Will be a travesty if not Bayo.

• @mooneyman said:
    Will be a travesty if not Bayo.

Will there be a fight?

• There will be limbs when Bayo gets presented with the award @Wendoverman.

• It'll be well received, as all that "one dimensional with him playing", "that's why Wimbledon got rid" and "not good enough for league 1" nonsense seems to have totally disappeared (for now)

• Pfft, Bayo was a novelty signing, Jacobson has no pace and Bloomfield has been past it for at least a decade. I read it on the internet so it must be true.

• edited December 2019

To be fair, Jacobson doesn't have any pace, difference has been who he's had alongside him this season - has allowed him to return to his best. Easier to see it in hindsight, but Adam El-Abd held him back. Whoever's been on the left wing has tracked back to help out as well.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    To be fair, Jacobson doesn't have any pace, difference has been who he's had alongside him this season - has allowed him to return to his best. Easier to see it in hindsight, but Adam El-Abd held him back. Whoever's been on the left wing has tracked back to help out as well.

So JJ's excellent season is down to the players around him.

• @chairboyscentral said:

I think you've perhaps unintentionally served JJ a pretty grave injustice by suggesting his form is simply due to having a faster centre back and harder working left wing in front.

His set pieces are totally unaffected by either, and he's peaking with those this year.

• edited December 2019

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@chairboyscentral said:

So JJ's excellent season is down to the players around him.

Obviously not entirely but in part, yes. Tbh, I think everyone in this team is bringing the best out of each other at the moment. You could make a case for all of those who weren't new faces in the summer playing their best ever football for Wycombe.

• It’s really interesting how one key position can make such a difference. For all El Abds strengths it is clear (in hindsight) that he didn’t exactly inspire confidence in those around him. The emergence of Charles really does seem to have brought the best out of everyone.

I wonder how different last season would have been if he’d been fit.

But back to topic I’ve had to go for Bayo, Bloomfield and JJ. (If Paul Hayes had left a year earlier I may have included him)

• I only voted once....were we allowed three? Have I made a terrible mistake...

• Multi accounts @Wendoverman. (Or more accurately posting on here before ticking the box)

• This needs to be thoroughly investigated and anyone found to have voted twice be forced to clean the bogs immediately after a match.

• It's one vote per gasroom account isn't it?