Skip to content

Ainsworth on his way

2»

Comments

• Tbh, I'm probably a couple short.

• Whether Ainsworth would take the QPR job is an interesting one. I dont think he would - on the basis that whilst you work at a club, you work for the people that own it. I dont have an inside knowledge of the workings at the club, but they dont seem like a great bunch - and he wouldnt be given any more time to sort things out that anyone else. Also, he spent 7 years there - whilst he has spent 10 years here. Sure, they can offer him more money and more kudos, but in 6 months time he could be out a job if he went there. He has a job for life with us. If I have learnt anything about Ainsworth over the past year years, he isnt reckless

• edited December 2019

QPR would be stupid to get rid of Warburton after letting him oversee an unusually high turnover of players in the summer - by their standards. Also, not sure why I thought Gaz was only there for three years. Maybe I'm just thinking of the time under Holloway after we spoke about it.

• If the Blackburn, QPR or Reading jobs came up I'd be worried

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    A former Wycombe loanee, wasn't he? Played in that home game v Col U in our first season in the league.

That’s him. It’s his long ball forward that is flicked on for the winner in the ‘other’ Cousins red card game, against Doncaster.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    If the Blackburn, QPR or Reading jobs came up I'd be worried

If you believe some of the more hysterical twitters from my current neck of the woods, he didn't even feature on the list compiled by he man tasked by Reading with appointing their replacement for Gomes.

• Did Reading even have a list? Wasn't Mark Bowen DoF before?

• There's a reading list gag in here somewhere

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Did Reading even have a list? Wasn't Mark Bowen DoF before?

Yes he was.... he basically awarded the job to himself

• Harper Lee has been gagged in Mississippi reading lists

• He has done quite well in fairness.