Skip to content

Rebellion Market Hall

A couple of weeks ago the club announced that a Rebellion Market Hall would be opening on the Frank Adams concourse, starting with today’s game. As far as I know, there’s been no mention of it since. Does anyone know if it is going ahead?

Would be a great bonus on a cold wet day.

Comments

• edited November 2019

The club mentioned it on Twitter yesterday with their match preview, so I'm guessing it's in operation today.

• "The Rebellion Market Hall will be open in the Frank Adams Stand concourse from noon, with the early Premier League kick-off shown on TV, the kiosks open, and Rebellion beer for all."

taken from https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/november/match-preview-for-wycombe-wanderers-vs-doncaster-rovers-on-23-nov-19/

• Another superb initiative

• have you gone back to the (seated) dark side, Eric?

• got all excited for a moment there as I read the last part of the above statement as "and FREE Rebellion beer for all"

• Looked very quiet when I walked past..Had my beer in the Caledonian suite with the excellent singer on hand.

• Worryingly they poured out lots of beer ready to serve the thirsty masses at half-time only for hardly anyone to drink any.

Nice idea but I’ll be surprised if it’s repeated soon

• The wine bar was interesting! I didn’t realise they were serving at half time.

• That was in Monty’s wasn’t it @arnos_grove ?

• @bookertease said:
    Worryingly they poured out lots of beer ready to serve the thirsty masses at half-time only for hardly anyone to drink any.

For some reason, I thought that they couldn't serve alcohol during a match including half time within certain confines so I didn't take advantage. I'll know next time.

• I think the rule is anywhere with a view of the pitch.

• I’ve a feeling the initiative may have been under-promoted. I confess that I by-passed the concourse yesterday so I can’t comment on the set-up but several people I have spoken to since yesterday were unaware of it.

• You couldn't really miss it could you? Pretty big stall in the concourse right near the entrance, with a bunch of bored looking teens manning it.

• Was there a stall at each end of the concourse?

• @bookertease said:
    Worryingly they poured out lots of beer ready to serve the thirsty masses at half-time only for hardly anyone to drink any.

Hopefully they stick with it I was running late so didn’t get a chance to try

• @Malone said:
    You couldn't really miss it could you? Pretty big stall in the concourse right near the entrance, with a bunch of bored looking teens manning it.

I walked to the Woodland past the boxes @Malone. It was up above my head.

• @micra said:

@Malone said:
    You couldn't really miss it could you? Pretty big stall in the concourse right near the entrance, with a bunch of bored looking teens manning it.

You were in the boxes? Or for some reason you went in that way to the Woodlands lounge?
    Or is there some other hidden route into the Frank Adams Upper?

• @micra said:

@Malone said:

@micra I didn't see you in your usual seat on Saturday. We have your 500 Club 'dressing room' name plaque which I am sure Mrs Micra will let you display prominently at home. Are you at the Trust AGM on Wednesday night or can i drop it into Micra Towers at some point?

• Kind of you to offer, Alan but I plan to be at the meeting and will get there in good time to put it in the car. I was in my usual seat yesterday although I did linger in the lounge longer than usual at half time and the second half was under way when I got back to it. I think the Barringtons may have obscured your view!

I often walk past the boxes en route to the Woodland Lounge @Malone. It avoids the top flight of stairs.

• It was a very nice set up - zero queues at 2:30 and excellent beer (as expected from Rebellion). If the 12:30 Premier League match is ever appealing enough then I'd be tempted to go down earlier to watch it there.

Will be interesting to see how it is when the weather turns more and people outside in the 'village' use the 'market hall' instead. Hopefully not too packed to become annoying for both those having a beer and those just wanting to get to their seats.

A recycling bin for all the plastic cups would be much appreciated.

• That’s very encouraging @FmG.

• I will try it next game. My sister in law convinced me to check out the new ‘wine bar’ in Monty’s instead.

‘Two glasses of Malbec please’
    ‘Is that wine’?

Reality didn’t quite live up to the vision!

• @arnos_grove said:
    I will try it next game. My sister in law convinced me to check out the new ‘wine bar’ in Monty’s instead.

‘Two glasses of Malbec please’
    ‘Is that wine’?

Reality didn’t quite live up to the vision!

Had a similar experience at Wembley once wgen ordering a wine for my wife. The bottle was deposited on the counter with the question 'do you want a cup with that?'

On a seperate point is Malbec something you should have been ordering? Maybe they were questioning your choice in a Harvey Nics style?

• I too chose to visit the new wine bar. Was rather annoyed that it took 25 minutes to be served! Many others we’re disgruntled too at the apparent lack of staff training - especially when the new wine bar had just been relaunched. Hoping that this staff issue will be fixed for future games....

• Might be worth setting it up as a separate table. Pretty easy to serve and would help with queues at the main bar, which is cramped for the staff. Doesn’t help half the lights aren’t working at the bar either.

Still, early days.

As for Malbec @Right_in_the_Middle I’m no connoisseur so you could be right!