Skip to content

Comments

• edited November 2019

Interesting stat/bad omen for today: Bayo has played against formers clubs of his 10 times for Wycombe and never scored (he had a short spell at Donny in 2004).

• Excellent preview yet again @chairboyscentral. Might be best to shake them up a bit with Bayo from the start. Samuel had probably his least impressive game of the season on Wednesday and might be best straining at the leash on the bench. Who knows?

• edited November 2019

It really could go either way. They couldn't cope with Bayo when he came on last season, but that was an almost entirely different defence. Freeman/Blooms is a tricky one too; I genuinely think Gareth might save Blooms for Tuesday for sentimental reasons, which I wouldn't have a problem with in this instance.

• Freeman every time.
    Really hope Blooms plays on Tuesday though.

• "while the money from a cup run would have been beneficial ...".

Speaking personally, I quite like the actual football and the tenterhooks excitement of the world's greatest knock-out competition. The balance sheet considerations come some way behind.

• edited November 2019

Fair point, although I disagree that it's the world's greatest knockout competition these days - so much of what made it great has faded/been taken away.

• you can try that argument out on the Chichester fans at Prenton Park next Sunday, given that we have a weekend off.

• edited November 2019

To non-League teams maybe, but I don't think it is to League sides so much anymore. I don't 'feel the magic' as much as older fans, I suspect. It's sad, but you can see with all the spread out kick-off times, gradual phasing out of replays, and Premier League teams taking the piss with their line-ups that it's not what it once was. Anyway, we have the league to focus on now, so let's do that. Starting with bouncing back today.