Skip to content

We have a problem

Won't Ainsworth surely have to rest some of his best players tomorrow given Ipswich Town is on Tuesday and arguably 'the toughest game so far'?

I wouldn't be suprised if the line-up was this tomorrow:
Allsop GK
Grimmer RB
Jombati / Phillips CB
Stewart CB
Mascoll LB
Thompson CDM
Gape CM
Pattison CM
Wheeler RW or CAM
Samuel ST
Parker LW or ST

Either a diamond or 4-3-3 would do for tommorow.

Additionly: I dont think Charles will play tommorow as we do need him against Ipswich but it looks unlikely he will play tommorow. We should not risk JJ either so that he is on a full tank for Tuesday. Bloomfield and Freeman probably wont do a full 90 on both games. Akinfenwa, Smyth and Kashket we should rest as he would be useful against Ipswich. Aaron's and Fred will probably miss out tommorow too. Thoughts?

Comments

• edited November 2019

Charles and JJ will start both games, Blooms and Freeman one each - although part of me think Gaz will go sentimental and save Blooms for Ipswich - and Beast and Smyth (just back from injury so needs the minutes) - and probably Kashket - will be involved in both. Tomorrow will be a tough game against a very good team who if they win their games in hand won't be far behind us.

• Sod which players he uses more importantly I hope the programme is a full 1000 pages for both games!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Charles and JJ will start both games, Blooms and Freeman one each - although part of me think Gaz will go sentimental and save Blooms for Ipswich - and Beast and Smyth (just back from injury so needs the minutes) - and probably Kashket - will be involved in both. Tomorrow will be a tough game against a very good team who if they win their games in hand won't be far behind us.

Charles will not play not he games

• edited November 2019

He might - or we do we know for a fact that he's physically incapable of performing to his best twice in quick succession?

• Charles has played a midweek to weekend combo this season hasn't he?

With 2.5 weeks off after Ipswich this looks the best opportunity to do so.

• He played Fleetwood followed by Southend (Tuesday to Saturday) and looked a bit tired in the latter, but those were literally his first two games back.

• Darius appeared to be limping slightly near the end of last Sunday’s game but that was an epic defensive effort so he probably wasn’t alone.

Doncaster are an extremely good footballing side with two of the best young central midfield players in League 1 - both over 6’. Hull apparently offered well over a million for one of them - the 23 year old skipper, Ben Whiteman, but Doncaster turned it down. He is on a 3.5 year contract. James Coppinger is apparently still going strong. Small but tricky. Will be 39 in January.

Talking of tall players, I made a right boo boo the other day when I said Kashket’s low shots could trouble the Tranmere goalkeeper. It’s Doncaster who have two 6’4” ‘keepers on their books so more low shots from Kashket tomorrow please and hopefully a ‘keeper (probably the Swiss born Senegalese, Seny Dieng) who doesn’t quite have the amazing reflexes of Scott Davies.