Skip to content

Current injuries/missing players

Not moaning, but when players are missing....ie- Fred, Smyth(until recently), Aarons - why aren't we told...

1. What's wrong with them?
  2. When they are likely to be back?

Is it because they don't know/don't want to disclose?

I just find it odd, unless I've missed something, that we are never told what's going on.

I only ask because I've got it in my head (and I'm almlst definitely wrong) that it was Aarons birthday last week and he's done something that GA didn't agree with. I'm sure it's not the case, but he was fine one minute and then he's not!

Comments

• Aarons does seem a bit injury prone and I'm sure Newcastle and Wednesday fans were saying that when he signed.

• Dear [future opponent],

the following players will be not available on saturday. Please plan accordingly.

sincerely etc

Gareth.

• Pretty sure most clubs don't give away injury news for obvious reasons.

• I understand the above but most pre match reviews tell you the players missing and what injury they have. It definitely makes sense, just wasn't sure that was definitely the reason.

Top marks for sarcasm though.

.> @floyd said:

Dear [future opponent],

the following players will be not available on saturday. Please plan accordingly.

sincerely etc

Gareth.

• I don't think Grimmer was mentioned as injured before the first Tranmere Cup game.

• Some clubs do at least highlight what injuries players have and give a guide of what the prognosis of how long they will roughly be out of action. It's one of the things that really winds me up. Seems most aren't bothered though and happy to go with the argument of keeping the opposition in the dark. Not a fan of the policy at all.

• It doesn't really keep the opposition in the dark though. Maybe on the very odd occasion like Grimmer for the first Tranmere game, but I'm sure Doncaster are aware that Fred and Aarons are both injured and won't be starting on Saturday.

They give it away when it suits them though, both Samuel and Smyth were advertised as being in the squad for the recent Trophy games way ahead of kick-off.

• edited November 2019

@croider you seem very certain on that.

There's absolutely no benefit revealing info on injuries.

People get all twitchy about undisclosed fees as well. Again, revealing you've taken a massive wad in doesn't help anything bar spending out more.
    Of course it'd be "nice" to know and that.

• Surely most people 'in the game' can find out who's injured and what fees were paid. It's only those on the outside who are kept in the dark.

• a simple e-mail to all Trust members and a notice in the BFP is surely a small thing to ask.

Dear fans,

(insert name of player here) will not be available to play on Saturday for personal/illness/injury/questionable attitude/fallen out with Gareth/Fallen out with Dobbo/late for training/upcoming trial reasons.* (Gareth please delete where appropriate. It is vital the supporters are not forced to speculate.)

• Rolando Aarons is injured but may be back tomorrow. Fred confirmed out.