Skip to content

Comments

• I’ve been waiting a long time to see Smyth and Aarons on the pitch together. It must be coming soon...

• I'm sure we will for at least some of the game on Sunday.

• Thanks for the preview. Is it conceivable that Bayo plays as target man or comes on as sub when they are tiring. Only Generals on the back line otherwise. Blooms may get the nod for that reason otherwise.

• edited November 2019

As much as our 'generals' are important character/personality-wise, I'm not sure that should be the determining factor in their selection. I'd like to see Nick Freeman start this one, although I'm sure he'll start at least a couple of the next five. Then again, I am the chief banger of the 'Freeman must start' drum ?‍♂️

• And I’m another one!

• I wasn’t at Prenton Park but I got the impression that we stepped up a gear when Bayo and Nick came on.

• edited November 2019

I may be wrong on this, but I get the feeling that Blooms is favoured in the more physical encounters - whereas in others, maybe it's a harder choice for Gaz - but Nick doesn't shy away from a challenge - and you always want an 'unlocker' in your side.

• I can't remember a season more interesting for viewing the team sheet.
    So many options, so many things to think about.

Wheeler's aerial ability, pace from the wide boys, Bayo's strength, Samuel's work rate. So many tools, just a game of unlocking them at the right time.

• edited November 2019

Playing around with stats in Excel (never let it be said that I don't have fun) and Fred and Wheeler are rather...contrasting. Left out Aarons and Smyth as they've not really played enough minutes for a big enough sample size, and Kashket as he's played quite a lot as a striker too. Can be hard to decide what to include, but I find it can be quite handy to visualise things.

• Wheeler only seem to have 3 points on that grid. Does that mean he hasn't had any shots on target or successful dribbles?

• Not quite, but few enough to not really show up on the chart.

• edited November 2019

Wheeler and Samuel are obviously very solid players, but I must admit I get more "excited" with either one of our other wingers or Kashket get a run out.

But the day of Fred, Smyth and Arrans off Bayo is surely closing in!
    Got to be worth a go if we did get past Tranmere surely.

• edited November 2019

Unspectacular players tend to get less credit than spectacular players - even if they're often better players - which is a shame but understandable. Fortunately for us, our entertainers are also grafters.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Unspectacular players tend to get less credit than spectacular players - even if they're often better players - which is a shame but understandable.

Gape being the prime example of that IMO @chairboyscentral.